+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

SantozhKumar

Sep 5, 2018
Dear Members i submitted my passport to VFS Bangalore on 30th Aug and recieved it back on 5th September without stamping or any information letter.
called up VFS helpline they informed that the consulate requires additional info but i have not recieved any mail or letter regarding the same .what can be the reason and what should i do? anyone had faced this situation earlier?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Dear Members i submitted my passport to VFS Bangalore on 30th Aug and recieved it back on 5th September without stamping or any information letter.
called up VFS helpline they informed that the consulate requires additional info but i have not recieved any mail or letter regarding the same .what can be the reason and what should i do? anyone had faced this situation earlier?
Have you checked your cic portal to see if any additional documents were requested? You can email delhi consulate and check.

SantozhKumar

Sep 5, 2018
was there any change of circumstance on your end, did you get married after submitting your application or something like that
the application was submitted from a Canadian address by my relative however the passport submission was from India and delivery address was also Indian. would that be considered as change in circumstance?

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
the application was submitted from a Canadian address by my relative however the passport submission was from India and delivery address was also Indian. would that be considered as change in circumstance?
so it was a paper based application? what was the residential address you had in your application? did you move after applying?

Jasmine22

Apr 4, 2018
Submitted passport to VFS auckland on 14 august, was tranferred to VFS Sydney on 15 august, update on CIC account approved status: 7/09/2018.

Reactions: kbis4380

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
My timeline (all 2018):
20th August - Submitted passport at Bangalore VFS
4th September - Application was approved (My CIC portal was updated)
5th September - Passport dispatched from NDVO
6th September - Passport available for pick up at Bangalore VFS
7th September - Collected passport

Reactions: HT8485

besthar

Jun 2, 2014
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
15-12-2015
My timeline (all 2018):
20th August - Submitted passport at Bangalore VFS
4th September - Application was approved (My CIC portal was updated)
5th September - Passport dispatched from NDVO
6th September - Passport available for pick up at Bangalore VFS
7th September - Collected passport

Hey Guys ... Congratulations on your PR... Happy to help with my fully furnished basement just in case you have hassles in finding the right place ...

Don't forget to get your drivers extract from the transport office.
And get tons of warmwear ...

Good luck ...

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys ... Congratulations on your PR... Happy to help with my fully furnished basement just in case you have hassles in finding the right place ...

Good luck ...
Thanks. Any tips with respect to job search? During which months do companies hire? Is it easier to get contractual work first and then gradually move to a permanent position?

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018

Good luck ...
Thank you for the offer! And tips! Will let you know if still struggling with housing before landing.