+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Jul 9, 2018
Hello everyone, I am in Canada and got my Passport request on 22nd and I submitted my passport and on 24th I got another request for my spouse who is in India to submit her passport to vfs office . She submit her passport on 25th June to vfs office in Delhi. The next day on 26th she got message that her passport has been sent to Canada visa office in Delhi . I got my passport back on 28th with my PR . I want to know if u guys have any idea when will my wife get her passport .
Hello everyone, I am in Canada and got my Passport request on 22nd and I submitted my passport and on 24th I got another request for my spouse who is in India to submit her passport to vfs office . She submit her passport on 25th June to vfs office in Delhi. The next day on 26th she got message that her passport has been sent to Canada visa office in Delhi . I got my passport back on 28th with my PR . I want to know if u guys have any idea when will my wife get her passport .
No idea brother, even embassies work like just another Indian office. Don’t know they are lazy or what but they can never do anything within the given time limit which is 7 working days.

Gurjit@singh

Jun 26, 2018
I applied online for canada work permit . After 8 weeks i got pasport req on 21 may i sent my pasport 1 june by vsf at delhi high comission
But i still didnt get any respounce
I checked online bt it show under process at delhi office
Plz tell me if faced anyone same prob
Kindly help me
Thanks in advance

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
I submitted our passports on 25th June, status has changed on VFS tracker today to 'Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 11/07/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre'. Does this mean I can go tomorrow to VFS and collect stamped passports or there is a lag between?

Also is the process for passport collection same as that of passport submission? Token and waiting etc?

Jul 9, 2018
I submitted our passports on 25th June, status has changed on VFS tracker today to 'Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 11/07/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre'. Does this mean I can go tomorrow to VFS and collect stamped passports or there is a lag between?

Also is the process for passport collection same as that of passport submission? Token and waiting etc?
You must wait for your documents to arrive before you go and collect them. You should get the SMS if paid for the SMS service or your status will change to ready for pickup, only then you can go and collect them. Also at the time of submission, they ask you where you want to pick up your passport that’s where you will be able to collect them.

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
You must wait for your documents to arrive before you go and collect them. You should get the SMS if paid for the SMS service or your status will change to ready for pickup, only then you can go and collect them. Also at the time of submission, they ask you where you want to pick up your passport that’s where you will be able to collect them.
OK, then I would wait for the status to change further.

Also I know I have to collect it from vfs itself as I did not opt for courier, I am asking if I have to again follow the time taking process of token or I can go and collect directly?

Jul 9, 2018
OK, then I would wait for the status to change further.

Also I know I have to collect it from vfs itself as I did not opt for courier, I am asking if I have to again follow the time taking process of token or I can go and collect directly?
I can’t assure you about the process, different offices have different procedures. The one that I submitted mine to in Jalandhar, have a specific time during morning and evening when you can collect your passport. The process is simple that you just go there with the receipt they provided you during submission and tell them that you wanna collect your passport they will give you a token but you don’t have to wait for too long as you are just there to collect the passport.

Reactions: ankie

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
I can’t assure you about the process, different offices have different procedures. The one that I submitted mine to in Jalandhar, have a specific time during morning and evening when you can collect your passport. The process is simple that you just go there with the receipt they provided you during submission and tell them that you wanna collect your passport they will give you a token but you don’t have to wait for too long as you are just there to collect the passport.
Okay, thanks for the info

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
I submitted mine on 28th June. Received sms that the passport received Embassy on 29th. I’ve been waiting since then. I’m from Delhi. I was hoping it would get processed by yesterday or today based on passport tracker on myimmitracker, however the chances of that happening seem slim right now.
Fourteen days and waiting...*fingers crossed*

Jul 9, 2018
I submitted mine on 28th June. Received sms that the passport received Embassy on 29th. I’ve been waiting since then. I’m from Delhi. I was hoping it would get processed by yesterday or today based on passport tracker on myimmitracker, however the chances of that happening seem slim right now.
Fourteen days and waiting...*fingers crossed*
Please do post when your status changes I submitted mine on 29th.

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
Please do post when your status changes I submitted mine on 29th.
I’ll do that!
I’m letting my over analytical mind do the calculations.
Going by my mental calculations and the information here. People on the tracker whose documents were sent on 25th June received approval by 10th or 11th July. If any conclusions maybe drawn then today they are clearing passports for 26th/27th June. I’m assuming you’ll get an update by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018
I’ll do that!
I’m letting my over analytical mind the calculations.
Going by my mental calculations and the information here. People on the tracker whose documents were sent on 25th June received approval by 10th or 11th July. If any conclusions maybe drawn then today they are clearing passports for 26th/27th June. I’m assuming you’ll get an update by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Hopefully, anxiously waiting. Waiting is the hardest part.

Pritharv

Jun 21, 2018
I submitted my passport on 27th june . Now its showing passport is dispatched from new delhi office. But haven’t got aany msg from courier service. Any idea?

Reactions: Emmemm07
Jul 9, 2018
I submitted my passport on 27th june . Now its showing passport is dispatched from new delhi office. But haven’t got aany msg from courier service. Any idea?
As it is already dispatched, you must now wait for the status to change to ready for pickup. Then you can just go there and pick up your passport. Shouldn't take long now.