+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Varunshanbog

Mar 8, 2016
Hi All,

I have submitted my passport at vfs Hyderabad on March 1st as the ppr was issued on March 1st.

VFS status shows is being processed at Canada visa office,Bangalore.

Cic portal status shows : application was approved , please send us valid passport to finalize the application ( same status from March 1st)

But haven’t received my passport yet or even cic is not updated. Does Anyone sent passport to Bangalore consulate in March ? Anyone in same boat?
I submitted on 07-Mar at VFS Bangalore and the status is “ being processed” at Canada visa office , New Delhi.
My Cic approved on 15-Mar and the document status shows valid in my case.

is you passport expiring soon? Because you CIC portal message seems a little weird. If your passport is valid, the document status will change to “Document is Valid”

I suggest you to get in touch with VFS for explaination of passport status as Canada visa offices may not respond to email queries quickly ( my personal experience)

kjbr22

Mar 30, 2018
I submitted on 07-Mar at VFS Bangalore and the status is “ being processed” at Canada visa office , New Delhi.
My Cic approved on 15-Mar and the document status shows valid in my case.

is you passport expiring soon? Because you CIC portal message seems a little weird. If your passport is valid, the document status will change to “Document is Valid”

I suggest you to get in touch with VFS for explaination of passport status as Canada visa offices may not respond to email queries quickly ( my personal experience)
I called vfs many times, they say your passport is with Bangalore embassy. They cannot provide any timeframe it completely depends up on case to case.

Cic portal final decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application.

My passport is also valid until 2023. Can we go to visa office Bangalore ?

rpthakar

Feb 16, 2018
Good day everyone
I am cec inland candidate . Received PPR on 23 rd feb 2018 , I have submitted my passport here in Canada got it back in 4 business days, my spouse submitted passport in India on 8th march , vfs tracker is still showing Application is being processed at Delhi, this is annoying . I don’t know y they are taking so much time, guys if any one from March 2nd week got passport back please update thanks in advance
Hey have you getback your wife passport??

Kanikananda

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Where on the cic can you see this message.... got a mail from ndvo with subject passport request letter on 12 th submitted passpoet on the 16 th vfs delhi and have been seeing the same messahe for over 8 days now passport with canada visa offc...by when shld we expect the pp stamping
Hi All,

I have submitted my passport at vfs Hyderabad on March 1st as the ppr was issued on March 1st.

VFS status shows is being processed at Canada visa office,Bangalore.

Cic portal status shows : application was approved , please send us valid passport to finalize the application ( same status from March 1st)

But haven’t received my passport

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
This is weird & frustrating, I've submitted mine to Riyadh VO last Sunday (25th Mar), and since next day (26th Mar) my online tracking system msg says "your passport is being processed at Canada Visa Office, Riyadh!", can you please share the message you are getting on the tracking system? I might be in the same boat with you!!!
Hey sorry for the late reply. It’s so weird that when I emailed them they said it was with ADVO but the very next day after I emailed ADVO, that very night my status changed to Approved and the next day the vfs return tracker got updated and when finally I received my passport back today the copr had a Riyadh embassy stamp on it. Crazy stuff. But all’s well that ends well. I don’t care if it’s RVO or ADVO who stamps it as long as I get to go.
So don’t worry and relax, it’ll come soon. When had you submitted your passports? I submitted on 13th and got it back today on 31st. So expect a similar processing time I’d say.

osmanshammat

Jul 27, 2017
Hey sorry for the late reply. It’s so weird that when I emailed them they said it was with ADVO but the very next day after I emailed ADVO, that very night my status changed to Approved and the next day the vfs return tracker got updated and when finally I received my passport back today the copr had a Riyadh embassy stamp on it. Crazy stuff. But all’s well that ends well. I don’t care if it’s RVO or ADVO who stamps it as long as I get to go.
So don’t worry and relax, it’ll come soon. When had you submitted your passports? I submitted on 13th and got it back today on 31st. So expect a similar processing time I’d say.
Oh, Congratulations bro, these are great news.. I have submitted my passports last Sunday 25th Mar, so, I will expect them back somewhere next week ISA. Congratulations once again & thank you for your guidance.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Oh, Congratulations bro, these are great news.. I have submitted my passports last Sunday 25th Mar, so, I will expect them back somewhere next week ISA. Congratulations once again & thank you for your guidance.
Thanks bro
How many dependents do you have? I had three so I am not sure if that was the reason for the almost three week timeline. I also believe RVO is perhaps inundated with visitors and student visa applications and that could also be one of the reasons for 2-3week processing. Nevertheless, keep checking your cic account as that will get updated to Approved before even the vfs return tracker gets updated.
Wish you the best bro

osmanshammat

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks bro
How many dependents do you have? I had three so I am not sure if that was the reason for the almost three week timeline. I also believe RVO is perhaps inundated with visitors and student visa applications and that could also be one of the reasons for 2-3week processing. Nevertheless, keep checking your cic account as that will get updated to Approved before even the vfs return tracker gets updated.
Wish you the best bro
Thanks a lot bro, I have 4 dependents. And yes, I will keep checking my cic and update u when getting the passports ISA.

Reactions: Boynextdoor369

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Tuesday again, any updates? Is NDVO still on a holiday?

Kaushal1986

Jan 17, 2018
I have applied in Ahmedabad VFS office and still waiting for the passport. It is still showing under process at NDVO. No replies to the email as well.

Anyone else in the same boat??

Kaushal1986

Jan 17, 2018
I have applied in Ahmedabad VFS office on 5th March and still waiting for the passport. It is still showing under process at NDVO. No replies to the email as well.

rpthakar

Feb 16, 2018
I have applied in Ahmedabad VFS office on 5th March and still waiting for the passport. It is still showing under process at NDVO. No replies to the email as well.
I have submitted my passport on 12th march at Ahmedabad vfs but no update yet

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
My tweets to NDVO are not showing in their account o_O:rolleyes:

VFS Kolkata, 12-Mar. NO UPDATE.

neenisharma

Sep 16, 2016
I sent mine and my husband's passport to NVDO via VFS on March' 7. PR application got approved on cic on march' 21. VFS status still shows that the passports are beings processed at NDVO. Any estimate as to how much more time before we get our passports back?
Me and my husband have a flight to USA on April ' 15 as part of a business travel. We need our passports back before april' 15.