+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Received my stamped passport today. Overjoyed. But with that also comes the realization that there will be no longer the nervous excitement of refreshing the CIC page and this forum multiple times in a day to check for the latest status.

The people on this forum have been a very big help and i aim to stay a regular member to help others as well. Thank you all.
i second that...
i collected my PP yesterday from vfs delhi..
now the job hunt is another task at hand..

Reactions: Dami78 and Mithu3

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a real problem at hand. I got my passport stamped in July 2017. I got married in Oct 2017 and had to travel to Belgium for a long term assignment. Upon reaching here, I informed the CIC about my change in Marital Status. Owing to this they asked me to submit my passport to cancel my visa. I submitted it to the VFS Paris office on 14th Dec 2017 and was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Paris on 15th Dec 2017. Ever since the status of my passport has not changed.

I have followed up with the VFS office a multiple times, they say its at the canadian visa office, Paris and have no clue when the passport be returned.

I am really worried. I need my passport back as I have to travel back to India in a week. Any help on the situation would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys. I have received visa application tracking Id on 4th Jan after submitting passports in VFS Hyd. When tried checking status with tracking ID am seeing message as no records found. Does it usually take time to get updated into system?
Received email notification from VfS saying my passport has been couriered. Status is not changed on CiC portal yet. Wer I can see the status as approved? Wer it will be firstly updated

Bigg1984

Jan 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

This thread is great and thanks for all the information. Below is my time line:

PPR received on 13th Dec
Submitted to VFS Bangalore on 19th Dec
Status changed to approved on CIC portal on 6th Jan
Passports received on 11th Jan

harryreddy

Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys,

Got my passports delivered today and status in CiC is also updated.

My timeline:
submitted application: Aug 12th
PPR: 28th
Passports submitted: Jan 3rd Hyderabad VFS
Passports received: Jan 12th

All the best guys who r in the queue

Reactions: bellidoprecy13

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
My wife(Dependent Application) submitted her passport at VFS Hyderabad.

Passport submitted: Jan 11 2018
Passport received(Delhi): Jan 12 2018
Passport return tracker: not activated

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, my timeline:

AOR: 15-Oct
PPR: 29-Dec
Passport Submitted: 2-Jan VFS New Delhi
CIC Status changed to Approved: 10-Jan
Passport Received at VFS: 11-Jan
Passport Collected: 15-Jan

Thanks.

Princebrar

Oct 24, 2017
I submitted my passport on 14Dec at VFS Chandigarh.My husband is in Canada nd he got his passport back with PR Visa on 10 Jan under PNP based.His CIC account is already updated as approved.Till i dont get any update about my passport..plz tell if anybody as dependent having same situation..Am so worried.

shrish

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Folks...

Based on PPR, I along with my spouse have submitted the passports to VFS office on 08 Jan'18.

Today its 17 Jan'18 still no updates on the approval or stamping. VFS Tracking application tool still shows, your visa application ########### is being processed ...........

1. What is the view of folks who received the stamped PR Visa?
2. How much time typically visa gives to travel to Canada for your first entry ?

Best,
Shri

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my passport on 14Dec at VFS Chandigarh.My husband is in Canada nd he got his passport back with PR Visa on 10 Jan under PNP based.His CIC account is already updated as approved.Till i dont get any update about my passport..plz tell if anybody as dependent having same situation..Am so worried.
My wife submitted her passport at VFS Hyderabad on around 20th.

I got approval on Jan 15th (I sent passport to Ottawa) and her passport dispatched the following day from New Delhi.

annshre

Jan 17, 2018
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Passport Req..
13-12-2017
Hi , I have submitted my passport in Qatar VFS on the 4th of Jan . No update in VFS . Only showing Processed. My daughter has submitted the passport on the 9th of Jan from Kolkata VFS - India. It also shows the same thing. when can I expect the passport back. I'm in real tension.

Last edited:

Hiitsmee

Jan 17, 2018
Hello Folks...

Based on PPR, I along with my spouse have submitted the passports to VFS office on 08 Jan'18.

Today its 17 Jan'18 still no updates on the approval or stamping. VFS Tracking application tool still shows, your visa application ########### is being processed ...........

1. What is the view of folks who received the stamped PR Visa?
2. How much time typically visa gives to travel to Canada for your first entry ?

Best,
Shri
Hi,

I also submitted my passport to VFS office on January 8,2018. Since then, there has been no update on stamping or application approval and the message you wrote above is the same message I have been seeing since I submitted my passport. Please update me if you recieve anything soon and I will do the same, since we are in the same boat. Hopefully we will get something soon!!

Princebrar

Oct 24, 2017
I think i am the only one left from december submissions☹So tensed..No source to contact delhi high commision..They dont reply to mail even.