+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

MustafaC

Jan 9, 2016
I received PPR request on 26-Oct-2017, submitted my passport on 31-Oct-2017.

My CIC account still shows In Progress and haven't received any updates in my email too. Have already booked the tickets for Canada. Feel a bit scared now :(

Hope I receive the PR soon.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I received PPR request on 26-Oct-2017, submitted my passport on 31-Oct-2017.

My CIC account still shows In Progress and haven't received any updates in my email too. Have already booked the tickets for Canada. Feel a bit scared now :(

Hope I receive the PR soon.
I have the same case, though i would be traveling in Feb. Please post once you receive your passport back

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
I received my passport back today along with the COPR :)
Hi,
For you, it took around 6 business day to get back the passport?
I sent my passport on 2nd November and it was received at Visa Office on 3rd November. But since then there is no update. I hope i would get it back by end of this week.

Reactions: maddyavula

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi,
For you, it took around 6 business day to get back the passport?
I sent my passport on 2nd November and it was received at Visa Office on 3rd November. But since then there is no update. I hope i would get it back by end of this week.

Hi,
I submitted passports on Nov 10th.
Please keep updating ur status, it will be helpful!
Thanks.

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Submitted our passports & photos in VFS office Hyderabad on Nov 3rd and received stamped passports + COPR on Nov 16th (through courier).

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
I got my passport back on 14 the November
can you please share what duration the visa is granted for??

Any body out here who has submitted his passport at VFS Delhi?

I got the request for submission on 1st November, submitted it on 14th November to VFS Delhi, got email that it has reached canadian visa office on 15th. Since then the tracking on VFS shows this only : Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

It seems VFS Bangalore and Hyderabad are pretty quick.

Any one has any experience from VFS Delhi ?

And those who already have the visa, whats the time limit prescribed within which you got to make a landing in Canada?

Reactions: Sandhu_amandeep

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017

I got the request for submission on 1st November, submitted it on 14th November to VFS Delhi, got email that it has reached canadian visa office on 15th. Since then the tracking on VFS shows this only : Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, NEW DELHI.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

And those who already have the visa, whats the time limit prescribed within which you got to make a landing in Canada?
The validity was almost 1 year from the date I got my medicals done. I'm not sure if it is related but, I got my medicals done on Sep 20th, my AOR is on OCT 7th and my visa is valid till 28th Sep 2018. We need to land before that date, but the medicals too have an expiry date (1 year from the date you have done medicals). If you land after your medicals expiry, I guess you need to get them re-done.

Regarding the processing times, I guess it will be 5-15 working days from the date they receive your PP.

vibhujindal

Jul 17, 2017
The validity was almost 1 year from the date I got my medicals done. I'm not sure if it is related but, I got my medicals done on Sep 20th, my AOR is on OCT 7th and my visa is valid till 28th Sep 2018. We need to land before that date, but the medicals too have an expiry date (1 year from the date you have done medicals). If you land after your medicals expiry, I guess you need to get them re-done.

Regarding the processing times, I guess it will be 5-15 working days from the date they receive your PP.
Is the 1 year medical test timeline applicable to Indians too, am sort of confused about this?

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016

Do they stamp COPR in Bangalore/Hyderabad? I thought they do COPR only in New Delhi office. May be I am wrong. My online status says "its being processed in New Delhi", but got SMS from VFS saying my application is forwarded to Canda Visa Office, Bangalore!! confusing..

Please share some light, if anyone has some idea on this.

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Do they stamp COPR in Bangalore/Hyderabad? I thought they do COPR only in New Delhi office. May be I am wrong. My online status says "its being processed in New Delhi", but got SMS from VFS saying my application is forwarded to Canda Visa Office, Bangalore!! confusing..

Please share some light, if anyone has some idea on this.
The COPR/stamping is only done at New Delhi. Ignore the VFS SMS, their system is a mess. Once your stamping is done, you'll get an even more confusing Mail/SMS like "Your passport has been dispatched. The collection timings will be so & so", even though you opted for courier. Don't worry, it will be couriered to your address if you've opted for it.

Reactions: reify

aayushsb

Nov 3, 2015
Hey Guys!
I submitted my passport on 9th Nov 2017 and I haven't gotten any updates till today. I see as per the timelines posted here it takes about 9-10 business days to get the stamped passport back. Is there a delay as of now?