+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time is taken as reasonable for processing PR application?

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Can somebody say how much time is considered as reasonable for processing PR application in case of family class sponsoring? Mine has crossed 9 months in Delhi. They are holding my passports since last 8 months. The importance of passports everybody knows. I wonder how they can hold such imp. document for so long? In email they say I have nothing to do at this stage, but simply to wait. Anybody has such experience?
DPSHAH

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Why nobody is posting anything on this, I am wondering. Of course, I know nobody exactly knows about the time, but people can share their experiences. Why to be shy? Common man and woman! talk and discuss on any topic related to Canada immigration.

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
Yes, it can be long. I was lucky to get my PR really quick, but I've heard of people waiting for 1 or 2 yrs.

I'm not familiar with the process in Dehli but I wonder why they need to keep the passports - I only sent mine when I got the visa approved !

coq_guy123

May 22, 2007
i applied mine from Singapore (I am Desi btw)
it takes 3 - 4 yrs frm singapore.. but they didnt hold our passports.

for New Delhi, it takes 5-7 yrs... you can check the time it takes in the following website..!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html

Penny

Star Member
Mar 28, 2007
I would phone and check about your passports. I agree with Zhu. I don't think they should have your passports. What if you wanted to use them?
- Penny