+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many times can we order ATIP

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
If we want to order ATIP, how many times can we order?

will it trigger any negative effect or delay the application?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unlimited, but if u r not that have waited for more than 24 months, whats the point?

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
u4g5 said:
unlimited, but if u r not that have waited for more than 24 months, whats the point?
my file is in local office for 7 months, no test, I just want to know what happen.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
my file is in local office for 7 months, no test, I just want to know what happen.
Nothing there is a line up and its not your turn yet. You can apply for ATIP every day if you wish to but you may get little value out of it other than the satisfaction of 'maybe there will be something new this time'. Also its batched up to 30 days from application for a privacy officer to review and edit so every month is a better logic subject to second sentence.

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Msafiri said:
Nothing there is a line up an its not your turn yet. You can apply for ATIP every day if you wish to but you may get little value out of it other than the satisfaction of 'maybe there will be something new this time'. Also its batched up to 30 days from application for a privacy officer to review and edit so every month is a better logic subject to second sentence.
Thanks a lot!

But will it cause any negative effect or trigger any flag on my file?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
What is your local office? Can you share your timeline please ?

Thanks and good luck :)

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Msafiri said:
Nothing there is a line up and its not your turn yet. You can apply for ATIP every day if you wish to but you may get little value out of it other than the satisfaction of 'maybe there will be something new this time'. Also its batched up to 30 days from application for a privacy officer to review and edit so every month is a better logic subject to second sentence.
BUt the question is, if there is a line up, local office can schedule more tests, every week, every month. But now the last test in my local office is April, so now there is still no invitation, that means no test in August, so, 4 months no test????

Is it so difficult to schedule a test?

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joe7 said:
Hi All,

can i know please what's mean ATIP and using for what exactly ?
Based on the Access to information and privacy act, you can access to any information about you in any government organization, or any info deemed public (like the spending of a department on Donuts per year :)) ).. using this act, you can see what officers wrote in your files, what is the status,etc... it is like a cheat peek with read only :)
Sensitive info that might lead to process disclosure or other threats is deleted from the file (whited out) before being sent..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
BUt the question is, if there is a line up, local office can schedule more tests, every week, every month. But now the last test in my local office is April, so now there is still no invitation, that means no test in August, so, 4 months no test????

Is it so difficult to schedule a test?
1. If you have a fixed number of staff that can only work a maximum number of hours per week then it limits your number of tests. Add in that its not only testing they do they may have to process other files including PR, refugee, TFW, Students. They get sick, go on vacation, quit etc. Also there is a backlog from office closures and an increasing pile of applicants. Schedule also depends on the status of your background checks. In short there are several variables that we don't have the exact detail.

2. It sucks but that's just the way it is - complain to the MP, sign up to the petition, vote once you are a citizen if this is still an issue. The economy is the biggest vote issue and the Liberals have to date failed to convince the Canadian voters they can do a better job than the Tories despite the Liberals leaving the public purse in probably one of the largest surplus in the G8. Tories won their majority because 'immigrant/ethnic' ridings in Ontario voted for them wiping out the Liberals in Ontario. So the PR who complains can and does forget their 'lengthy citizenship processing' pain once a citizen and the Feds offer to give you a lower GST, more EI at less worked hours, tough on crime, lower your cell phone contract duration, reduce immigration etc.

Joe7

Mar 30, 2014
Michels said:
Based on the Access to information and privacy act, you can access to any information about you in any government organization, or any info deemed public (like the spending of a department on Donuts per year :)) ).. using this act, you can see what officers wrote in your files, what is the status,etc... it is like a cheat peek with read only :)
Sensitive info that might lead to process disclosure or other threats is deleted from the file (whited out) before being sent..
I'm applied to citizenship and they received July, 2013 and processes stared Oct 2013 in Mississauga Center. I did exam and interview March 01, 2014 and officer asked me to bring Record of movement from UAE because my work visa hasn't cancellation DATE, after 12 days i sent it to them and my record show i canceled my work visa before Landing date since 13 days but the SMART people sent RQ to me after one month. i sent RQ with support documents since 3 months.
is that ok for when do ATIP now and how can i do it?

Best Regards,