+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will a job offer remain valid?

anibalon

Oct 22, 2012
Hello,
we are starting to explore what are the options for us to move to Canada, so please excuse me if this sounds like a newbie question. One thing I can not understand is that you need to have a valid offer of employment -but then it takes over a year for CIC to process your application.
If I should get an offer today -I work in IT- does the employer have to wait until my application is processed? If processing time is really over a year, I can not think of any company who is willing to wait that much. By that time they will surely have found someone else.
So, is this how the process is really supposed to work, or am I missing something in here?

Thanks,
//Anibal

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all depends on your employer, if he is willing to wait till you get your PR visa.

anibalon

Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for your answer. But is this really the case that they need to wait for a whole year?

I think all of us willing to migrate are ready to wait for a long time, and we'll do whatever it takes. I just find it difficult for an employer to wait that much. But perhaps that's how people really get into Canada. As I said, I am just learning how the process work and trying to decide how we can move to Canada. But it does not look easy...again, unless I am missing the point completely and there are other legal ways to do this.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
anibalon said:
Thanks for your answer. But is this really the case that they need to wait for a whole year?

I think all of us willing to migrate are ready to wait for a long time, and we'll do whatever it takes. I just find it difficult for an employer to wait that much. But perhaps that's how people really get into Canada. As I said, I am just learning how the process work and trying to decide how we can move to Canada. But it does not look easy...again, unless I am missing the point completely and there are other legal ways to do this.

Your employer will write a letter to AEO that this offer is valid untill the you are in Canada or this job is valid unitll your visa process is in process.........on the other side you employer may quit at any time for your process...........so till the visa issuance nothing is in your hand when visa stamped everything will b in your hand and there will be no responsibility on you to join job ................

CurtisBaker

Oct 24, 2012
During immigration a work permit application is allowed by the respective company,now a contract is signed between two parties that how long you are going to stay .Work permit extension might be extent on behalf of Canadian firm’s permitting application.somewhere if you are interested to revoke application it is to make sure that clear your intentions.