+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to wait before sponsoring INLAND

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
In addition to another thread of mine,

If my wife is able to secure a TRV with my child, and we move to Canada, and I want to sponsor her INLAND, do I have to wait for a certain period to prove that I am now living in Canada? Or can I go right ahead and apply and declare that I am now living in Canada and don't intend to move back? Someone said it's a good idea to wait six months, provide documents, etc.

On the other hand, I could provide documents such as cancellation of my previous country of residence visa, employment leave certificate showing that I have terminated my contract with my previous employer overseas, and other documents that show that I have returned to Canada with the intention of residing in Canada.

Therefore, could I immediately sponsor her inland if we get her TRV and child's TRV? Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait until you can secure a TRV for both your wife and child. Until then, consider this about your wife's new TRV application:

I think you are contradicting yourself if you use the same reason for your wife's new TRV application :

hkalltheway said:
Dear All,

I went ahead and applied! In May, 2010, the application got rejected. This time, I included a cover letter mentioning the following:

- Her closest tie to the UAE is me, as she is a housewife, and if I have to return, she will return. I cannot return to Canada as a permanent residence for at least another 8-9 months due to my mother's illness and personal obligations here in the UAE.
You don't need return air tickets but your wife shall have strong evidence that she will return to where she's from. Take Charlie's advice. I don't think burial tomb can be considered a tie. Both host and the applicant must show their bank accounts.

Does the wife have any brother or sister, parents? Those are considered ties. Could you ask someone to take care of your second child while she visit you? If so, this is another tie. Since you said you intended to sponsor her inland, her ties with you in UAE becomes almost non-existent. There's no point to include the salary certificate/outstanding loan from your last UAE employer to provide the visa office with the TRV application.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I got my wife and child's TRV!!!! I still cannot believe it! I showed as many close ties as possible, but the biggest tie that I showed was me...that I am her closest tie, as she is a housewife, and I presented ALL my documents, and stated that despite being a PR card holder, for various personal and family reasons, I cannot move back to Canada for at least another 8-9 months. Apart from that, I gave my statements, company letter, salary certificate, return tickets, among anything else I could think of, to prove that we will move back.

Now, since I have the TRVs, I plan on moving to Canada in January. I will take my wife and child along with me, and apply inland...When should I apply inland? Should I wait three-four months, as I haven't resided in Canada for a while, or should I apply right away and say that now I intend on living in Canada, and have moved permanently? Thanks all! I am so happy!