+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long to receive confirmation of receipt of application?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I submitted my application to sponsor my husband (living outside Canada) about 3 weeks ago. I know that it was received on Sept. 19 because I have the delivery confirmation from Canada Post. I still haven't received anything from Canada Immigration to say that they've received my application though. I thought I would get that in a few weeks at the latest and then afterwards, get confirmation to say whether I am approved as his sponsor in about a month and a half. Isn't that how it works? How long did it take for others to get confirmation that your application was received? I am getting stressed out waiting! Thank you.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. So just for clarification: they DON'T send you 2 separate letters, ie. one to say they received your application and another to say whether you've been approved as a sponsor?? I was told by my MP's office that I would get a. a confirmation letter that my application was received (in approx. 1-2 weeks) and that I would get a file number with this letter and b. a 2nd letter (in approx. 1.5 months) to say if I'm approved as a sponsor. Is that not correct??

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
Anyone knows how long will it take someone from Singapore? We have submitted the application with the open work permit on the 10/10/2008.
I've two months before both my status expire for Canadian visitor visa and Singapore out of country visa...I am liable to inform Singapore government that I am away from Singapore for more than 6 months or else I could get into trouble leaving outside of Singapore for more than 6 months.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your input.

Ghiaskhan, were you refering to the length of time to get a visa? It shouldn't take 16 weeks just to acknowledge your application and confirm ability to sponsor. As Frolic pointed out in the Cnd. Immigration link, the average time at the Mississauga office is 39 days.

ghiaskhan

A friend says he applied in late April 2008.
* His application was despatched on 24th April 2008.
*The application was delivered in CIC london on 25th April (according to the post office records)
*CIC sent a receipt of acknowledgement on 19th June.So it took six / seven weeks to acknowledge receipt. So its 6 weeks not sixteen weeks. This may be different in differnt locations.

Oct 27, 2008
We didn't get a notification that they got our application, I just called them and harassed them untill they told me they had it and now the response is in the mail, hope it's a good one!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YAY!!!!!!! I got the letter saying that they approved me as my husband's sponsor last Tuesday. Exactly 39 days from the day that our application reached their office. Now the application is off to New Delhi. I hope that won't take too long!!