+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Not yet.. i got portal 2 email on 27th Aug.. waiting for COPR
Montreal VO
I intend to call IRCC and let them know that if the Montreal office is slow to processing applications, then it might be best to send applications to other offices. This will be as a feedback to their services, but I think it will move motion if other applicants call and give same feedback.

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
portal 1 August 2
RFV spouse outland August 3
Portal 2 Sept 3

anyone here waiting for portal who has spouse outland????

Mayhum

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Finally :
eCOPR : Sep 1st too , two hours after Portal 2 email
I received eCOPR the same day with Portal 2
This long journey came to the end.
Did you get the email notification about eCOPR being issued to you or you just checked it randomly on the PR portal?
Do we get the email stating that the COPR is issued?

Shabanoo

Star Member
May 31, 2023
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Whitehorse
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-07-2022
Med's Request
03/03/2023
Med's Done....
16/03/2023
Did you get the email notification about eCOPR being issued to you or you just checked it randomly on the PR portal?
Do we get the email stating that the COPR is issued?
Don't worry, you will get the email that you can find eCOPR on the PR Portal.

Reactions: Mayhum

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
I don't see why not. One can travel any time during the PR application process. We have done so just this past June and I received my 1st PR Portal email today and replied to them already stating that last date of re-entering Canada.

Just take your work permit (or study permit if applicable) with you on your international travel and you are good to go.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
That is nonsense. Nothing gets delayed. The things that require informing them after the 1st email are all listed in the attached PDF document. Travel is not one of that. But it does not hurt to inform them that the most recent re-entry into Canada has changed. It certainly won't delay the application or further processing.

In portal 1 mail, they ask whether you are in Canada at present. And your last port entry in Canada. If you want to move. Your pr process will delay.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Sure, right after I get PR ;-)

I intend to call IRCC and let them know that if the Montreal office is slow to processing applications, then it might be best to send applications to other offices. This will be as a feedback to their services, but I think it will move motion if other applicants call and give same feedback.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Sure, right after I get PR ;-)
Hahaha. I actually called today, and I asked the lady how they decide what visa office an applicant's application is sent to, and if they are able to transfer applications from one office to another, and she said they are not able to--only the cpc Mississauga can do that, and she just advised that I remain patient.

Something that didn't sit well with me was something she said about the offices. Apparently, the Montreal office is busier than the Etobicoke one, but I don't understand why they keep sending more (based on posts I see here, it seems there are more applications being handled by the Montreal office) applications there, instead of balancing it off. Anyways, more grease to their elbows!

She also mentioned that if the COPR expires before the credentials are sent out, that one does not have to reapply (like I had seen somewhere on this forum), that IRCC will just renew it/give it a new expiry date.

Didn't hurt to ask, and I wasn't pushy about it, I just wanted to get some information, and I got it :D.

Last edited: