+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it take after pre apprival

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
Hi all
Can anyone help me with how long it takes after pre-arrival to get a copr my background check is not completed rest of everything ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all
Can anyone help me with how long it takes after pre-arrival to get a copr my background check is not completed rest of everything ?
It's hard to comment on how long since every application is unique and given your background check is not yet complete. It could be just a short time or you may still have a few months. It's really impossible for anyone to say.

Reactions: anika12

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
It's hard to comment on how long since every application is unique and given your background check is not yet complete. It could be just a short time or you may still have a few months. It's really impossible for anyone to say.
For work without any issue I need any physical document my work place people’s are not accepting anything is flag pulling is an option ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For work without any issue I need any physical document my work place people’s are not accepting anything is flag pulling is an option ?
I assume you mean flag poling.

Flagpoling is not possible for an open work permit as part of a spousal sponsorship application.

I assume you had or have a previous work permit and that's why you are already working.

anika12

Nov 25, 2022

Flagpoling is not possible for an open work permit as part of a spousal sponsorship application.

I assume you had or have a previous work permit and that's why you are already working.
Yes but now my work permit will expire next month and my work place is asking for any physical document they are not accepting anything and I am really worried

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes but now my work permit will expire next month and my work place is asking for any physical document they are not accepting anything and I am really worried
I'm sorry. I don't know what to suggest. Unfortunately you cannot flagpole for the OWP.

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020

Assuming you are currently on a work permit Did you not apply for a bridging open work permit ( at the same time you submitted the PR application)? That would have given you implied status at the very least until a decision was made on your PR . They gave me 2 year open work permit while they process the paper application . I got it almost immediately after they began processing, a couple weeks after AOR.

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
Assuming you are currently on a work permit Did you not apply for a bridging open work permit ( at the same time you submitted the PR application)? That would have given you implied status at the very least until a decision was made on your PR . They gave me 2 year open work permit while they process the paper application . I got it almost immediately after they began processing, a couple weeks after AOR.
My application is spousal after one month I applied for a bridging work permit(applied 3 months before the expiration date )I haven’t heard anything back from them

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My application is spousal after one month I applied for a bridging work permit(applied 3 months before the expiration date )I haven’t heard anything back from them
You are inland and applied for OWP?
(there is no "bridging work permit" for spousal sponsorship)

You are on implied status until your OWP is issued. (or if you get your eCOPR sooner than that and you become a PR and can work without a work permit)

anika12

Nov 25, 2022

You are on implied status until your OWP is issued. (or if you get your eCOPR sooner than that and you become a PR and can work without a work permit)

do you have any idea how long it take for eCOPR ?

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
Mine is also spousal sponsorship, inland paper,I got pre arrival mid September and still waiting for copr , everything else is complete.
Yeah I got my pre arrival on 7 nov and my gosht update is everyday
I really want something. Any suggestions to keep my job

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Yeah I got my pre arrival on 7 nov and my gosht update is everyday
I really want something. Any suggestions to keep my job
You just need to tell your boss the facts , maybe gather the information related to implied status from the official ircc website . Print whatever evidence you have to support that you have an application in process . Your doing nothing wrong . Just be careful as you cannot leave and reenter the country on implied status as far as I know and someone might correct me if Im wrong here, you may need to keep working for this employer until you get the open work permit approved.

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
You just need to tell your boss the facts , maybe gather the information related to implied status from the official ircc website . Print whatever evidence you have to support that you have an application in process . Your doing nothing wrong . Just be careful as you cannot leave and reenter the country on implied status as far as I know.
is their any way I can get my process done expedited or do flagpoling to get my work permit ?

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
is their any way I can get my process done expedited or do flagpoling to get my work permit ?
You Can ask your local MP office to perform a status check for your open work permit application , it's a common thing they do , it's normally for applications that have exceeded the normal waiting times though so I'm not positive they will help but it's worth a shot if you explain it is causing' undue hardships' in those words.