+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW LONG? HOW LONG? HOW LOOONG?

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm wondering how long it takes for a marriage certificate to be processed here in vancouver?

How long is the result for the medical exam as well?

We're getting married on august 14 and my visa is expiring on october 28. We will be applying for PR before august ends, is this ok? or does it seem suspicious?

is it important for my parents to be there too? his parents are definitely attending but my parents live so far away..

thanks thanks!

I

iarblue

Well when you apply just put with your PR app an app to extend your visit visa.If you are in Canada now and you are appling inland you can also include a work permit once it has reached first stage approval you will get the work permit with the visa extension and be able to work while the process is processing.
Medicals and marriage cert will be back long before you apply.The doctor should have given you a form with your picture attached right include that in your app, the medical results go to a procesing center and entered into a data base where it stays and the visa office will request the results from them.You will not get the results.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I can only tell you about the marriage cert.

Two friends of mine came to Vancouver, she was American, he was from the UK.

They went to London Drug on the Wednesday and got their papers.

On the Thursday, a commissioner came to our house, married them and issued them a marriage cert there and then.

No waiting, the official doc was obtained at the time of the ceromony.

Hope that helps.

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
Well when you apply just put with your PR app an app to extend your visit visa.If you are in Canada now and you are appling inland you can also include a work permit once it has reached first stage approval you will get the work permit with the visa extension and be able to work while the process is processing.
Medicals and marriage cert will be back long before you apply.The doctor should have given you a form with your picture attached right include that in your app, the medical results go to a procesing center and entered into a data base where it stays and the visa office will request the results from them.You will not get the results.

But i was told that as long as i keep my current work and i don't leave canada, i can still continue working under implied status. which means, i can apply for open work permit but at the same time still legal to stay and work here. the only reason i'm applying for open work permit is so that i'm not stuck with my current employer for the next 9 months. is this true?

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
I can only tell you about the marriage cert.

Two friends of mine came to Vancouver, she was American, he was from the UK.

They went to London Drug on the Wednesday and got their papers.

On the Thursday, a commissioner came to our house, married them and issued them a marriage cert there and then.

No waiting, the official doc was obtained at the time of the ceromony.

Hope that helps.
really? wow! cuz i thought they print it first at victoria and they mail it to me. so takes 2 weeks at least. wow.. that fast eh?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
whiteapple said:
We're getting married on august 14 and my visa is expiring on october 28. We will be applying for PR before august ends, is this ok? or does it seem suspicious?
It's OK. They are suspicious if you have tried several ways to stay in Canada (eg. TRV, refugee application), all are refused, and right after your latest refusal you marry someone you barely know. Your situation does not sound like this.
Applying for your PR right after marriage is fine - on appeals I have only ever seen them question why someone waited a long time after marriage before applying for the PR.
is it important for my parents to be there too? his parents are definitely attending but my parents live so far away.
Just explain the circumstances and offer any proof you have. If they support the marriage, offer proof of this as well - maybe a letter from both your parents saying why they couldn't come to the wedding, but that they fully support the marriage.

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
i have read that the open work visa is waived when you are approved the first stage of approval theres when the implied status start not before.. but to apply as a sponsored you need to have a legal status in canada otherwise you cannot be elegible...
the processing time in the inland application is longer in the first stage approval so you do need a new work visa if you want to continue working for that period of time... the Open work one just works after first stage approval and you need to send the paper for both sponsorship and open work at the same time