+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does it USUALLY take for CIC to mail study permit?

DANAHPREYES

Nov 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the study permits, I already received the message stating that my study permit is approved but it also says that it will be mailed WITHIN 6 WEEKS. my problem is I will be leaving Canada to visit my country on december 10 and it is 4 weeks from now. my question is the following:

1) How long does it usually take for to receive the mailed study permit extension? I know it says 6 weeks but is it possible that I get it in less than 4 weeks?

2) If I don't get my study permit copy, I am still planning to go out of the canada, however, I also have to renew my TRV when I'm back in the Philippines. As a student, It requires me to apply for my TRV with an attached study permit but since I don't have a copy of that YET do you think I can apply as a visitor and explain my situation?

Reactions: Josephksaji
Nov 19, 2016
1. In Canada, it typically takes 2-3 weeks to receive the study permit by mail.
2. If you don't have a valid study permit when you leave Canada, you could create problems for yourself. I hope that you'll receive your study permit in 2 weeks!

aridda96

Jul 3, 2017
Hi - I know this post was from a while back but I'm currently in the same situation as the original poster. Did you receive your permit by mail within 2-3 weeks?

flashfbc

Jun 15, 2014
Hi - I know this post was from a while back but I'm currently in the same situation as the original poster. Did you receive your permit by mail within 2-3 weeks?
I applied on Feb 2017, after approval i got my mail in 5 days. Please let me know how long did it take from you and in which city. Thanks

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the study permits, I already received the message stating that my study permit is approved but it also says that it will be mailed WITHIN 6 WEEKS. my problem is I will be leaving Canada to visit my country on december 10 and it is 4 weeks from now. my question is the following:

1) How long does it usually take for to receive the mailed study permit extension? I know it says 6 weeks but is it possible that I get it in less than 4 weeks?

2) If I don't get my study permit copy, I am still planning to go out of the canada, however, I also have to renew my TRV when I'm back in the Philippines. As a student, It requires me to apply for my TRV with an attached study permit but since I don't have a copy of that YET do you think I can apply as a visitor and explain my situation?

hi

i am in same boat.

can you tell me if you got your permit in time? or you got trv approval without the physical copy?

thanks.

Lovejot Singh

Sep 13, 2021
I everyone I have a question that I didn't receive my Study Permit on Airport as they were not printing any and said that they will mail the study Permit so can anyone tell me how much time it will take to recieve my study permit

vaibhavbehl

Sep 13, 2021
yeah me too but sin number work and account opening everything is pending due to this issue. Even the people coming after 8th they are getting the permits on airport.
unlucky! :(

Reza1363

Sep 15, 2021
yeah me too but sin number work and account opening everything is pending due to this issue. Even the people coming after 8th they are getting the permits on airport.
unlucky! :(
I am in the same situation. I landed on the 7th of September 2021 through Toronto Pearson Airport but was told that I will receive my permit through email. It has been one week and I have not heard back from them. I called the IRCC but they told me to wait. The officer at the border told me it might take over one month. I am so worried and it has cost me a lot. Please share your own experience with me and whether you have got your permit yet.

Reza1363

Sep 15, 2021
Which officer are you talking about. Did you went to airport again?
I meant the officer that I talked to at the port of entry in the airport. After a few days, I went back to the airport and explained the situation to an officer, simply because I read some comments online about people with similar situation who went to the airport and got their permit. But the officer refused me and told me to go back home and wait for the permit to be mailed. Don't know what to do.
How long have you been waiting?

Bhrugu

Sep 13, 2021
I meant the officer that I talked to at the port of entry in the airport. After a few days, I went back to the airport and explained the situation to an officer, simply because I read some comments online about people with similar situation who went to the airport and got their permit. But the officer refused me and told me to go back home and wait for the permit to be mailed. Don't know what to do.
I am in the situation as well. Please update here if anyone of you all get it.

Abdouramane

Sep 21, 2021
Im in canada since 2018 but I renewed my study permit in may and got approved in june and since then im waiting for them to mail it to me. I really need the paper itself but they seem not to care about me neither consider sending it its been 3 months already

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Im in canada since 2018 but I renewed my study permit in may and got approved in june and since then im waiting for them to mail it to me. I really need the paper itself but they seem not to care about me neither consider sending it its been 3 months already
Call IRCC and inquire when it was sent out.

Reactions: shabroopsingh