+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to reschedule a test date?

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I wasn't able to attend my scheduled test Jan 23,2018 but let IRCC in advanced.

Jan 10, 2018 I received an email that they will reschedule me in the near future
Feb 21, 2018 I still haven't gotten any rescheduled date yet.

I'm feeling a bit worried now.

Hi,

did u get the new test date?

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I got an update on ecas, they sent me a mail (postal) and then emal. I got DM today via ecas.
-----------------------------
Great. My husband exam was on Jan 18 2018 1.15pm at Ottawa. Since then we are waiting for new Date. Hope will get it soon..

Thanks my friend for this information. Now L'll bit relaxed.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
HI,

My husband have same situation. he missed his first exam. now waiting for next test date invitation letter.
I have a Q
did your husband contacted them once he got the first test date invitation? if yes , via Call or webform ?
I am expected in my test date soon but i have to travel for 3 weeks
Just for precaution I already filled the webform and sent to them

Hope the will not send the test date during my absence period from Canada

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I have a Q
did your husband contacted them once he got the first test date invitation? if yes , via Call or webform ?
I am expected in my test date soon but i have to travel for 3 weeks
Just for precaution I already filled the webform and sent to them

Hope the will not send the test date during my absence period from Canada
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Yes, I contacted CIC via webform as well call. When called them, we did not get any letter from you. so I send letter via post as well send web form too at same day. CIC agent told me that, weather u send letter or not we will reschedule you for next date but still in my opinion(agent's opinion) send the letter. So, I sent letter to them. Now I am waiting. Will call CIC tmrw again to ask u receive my letter or not? Everyday I check ecas, email and waiting for Canada Post. Now fingers crossed.

nargisnnnn

Nov 22, 2017
I have the same situation. I received notice today to wrotw the test on May 29th but I won't be able to be in Canada then as I am working in the US. I want to ask them to reschedule it for a week. Do you think it would cause more than a month of delay? I am so stressed out.

nargisnnnn

Nov 22, 2017
Of anyone in this thread heard back for a new test date please share with us so that we have an estimate. Thanks.

garimaggarwal

Feb 8, 2018
If you ask to reschedule give yourself at least 2 months before you expect to hear back. I asked for Dec 11th date to be reached they apparently never got it even though I had a confirmation that it was delivered. I got a new date letter in end of Feb and gave me a date 2 week notice. So from dec it went to march. 3 months push out. My suggestion if you can come from US and take the test do it

Reactions: qorax

xxleviathan

Dec 8, 2017
I can share my experience! For some background, I am currently studying in the US and applied for citizenship in Oct. 2018 while in the US.

I received an email from CIC on Feb 16 asking me to appear for the test on March 02, 2018. However, I had already made plans to travel abroad during that period (Mar 02 - Mar 11). On the same day, I sent an email to CIC with my case ID, requesting for a new date by stating that I was currently a student in the US and would be traveling abroad. I also gave them dates that would not work for me (some dates during the month of April due to school exams).

On Feb 19, IRCC responded that they would reschedule the test after March 12, 2018.

On Mar 14, CIC gave me a new test date of April 09. I took the test on that date, received my scores, etc. Finally, on April 24, I was invited to the oath ceremony, which will be held on May 08.

Reactions: qorax

saminkalhor

Jul 31, 2018
Hey Folks,
I missed my Exam on Apr 23rd ( I was literally on the plain and received no email regarding to my status update!). Emailed them few times using the webform and received bunch of generic copied/paste responses saying that they have taken some actions on my case. It's July 31st and NOTHING yet! Honestly I am kinda fed up with this process. The more painful part is that We also paid almost 700 bucks to just stress out!

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Hi there,

I am travelling out of country for four weeks from mid-September. (Currently awaiting test letter- My In Process date was May 01- London Office).
  1. Is it better to inform IRCC about my travel plan so that they will not schedule test during that time or ask for rescheduling if they schedule my test during that time?
  2. If informing in advance- When should I inform IRCC ? How many days before my travel date?
  3. Is Web form the best method for this?
  4. I am going alone. My family will be here. Will they move the test date of all family members together or only mine? Should I mention in the web form that my whole family has applied together?

Thanks in advance !!!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi there,

I am travelling out of country for four weeks from mid-September. (Currently awaiting test letter- My In Process date was May 01- London Office).
  1. Is it better to inform IRCC about my travel plan so that they will not schedule test during that time or ask for rescheduling if they schedule my test during that time?
  2. If informing in advance- When should I inform IRCC ? How many days before my travel date?
  3. Is Web form the best method for this?
  4. I am going alone. My family will be here. Will they move the test date of all family members together or only mine? Should I mention in the web form that my whole family has applied together?

Thanks in advance !!!
I would advise to wait until you're closer to your travel date to notify them, just in case you get the test invitation earlier. Using the web form is the best way to notify them of travel plans. Alternatively, given the family applied together, you could opt to not inform them and see what happens. Invites come with a 2-3 week notice, so if it's half way during your trip, you may be back in time for the test. Worse case, your family takes the test without you and yours gets rescheduled.

Reactions: yezdi_in

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I would advise to wait until you're closer to your travel date to notify them, just in case you get the test invitation earlier. Using the web form is the best way to notify them of travel plans. Alternatively, given the family applied together, you could opt to not inform them and see what happens. Invites come with a 2-3 week notice, so if it's half way during your trip, you may be back in time for the test. Worse case, your family takes the test without you and yours gets rescheduled.
Thank you very much for the info.

1) If I am contacting them a few days before my trip and ask them not to schedule it during my travel date, can I ask them to schedule the test of my whole family together? (family is not travelling; but want to take test together after I come back)

2) In such case should each one of the family request it separately or can I ask it in my request?

Last edited: