+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to reschedule a test date?

priyash86

Aug 15, 2012
would it possible to elaborate bit what happen with your fist test ,, I am the live example of re-schedule a test with IRCC ,, and I am confirming if you did not attend your first event for no valid reason ,, you have a long hassle to go throw ,, I had to withdraw my application and re-apply because I just arrive late on my first test , and they had no intention to re-schedule me for any near date ,, I waited for 5 month ,, than I had to give up and file a new application
if you need any help let me know ,,
Hi my husband missed his first test.he called them and they said you don't need to call we will reschedule. But it's been 2 months we didn't hear anythi

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hi my husband missed his first test.he called them and they said you don't need to call we will reschedule. But it's been 2 months we didn't hear anythi
after the new low ,, I guess it will take long time ,, what I did to save time ,, I withdraw my application back on July 2017 and re-apply in august ,, now my test for the new application will take place on 02/07/2018 by god will ,, this time thu I stay at the same town ,, I did book a hotel room the night of the exam to make sure that I wont miss it ,, if he does not care about wait ,, eventually he will get it ,, but if he wanted to get it soon ,, he shall be patient

Reactions: Ghost13

priyash86

Aug 15, 2012
after the new low ,, I guess it will take long time ,, what I did to save time ,, I withdraw my application back on July 2017 and re-apply in august ,, now my test for the new application will take place on 02/07/2018 by god will ,, this time thu I stay at the same town ,, I did book a hotel room the night of the exam to make sure that I wont miss it ,, if he does not care about wait ,, eventually he will get it ,, but if he wanted to get it soon ,, he shall be patient
I know.even I call them they said no need to call.we will reschedule. He don't have any plans yet. But sometimes in an emergency bcoz his pr card expiring in May.any guess how long it gonna take??

garimaggarwal

Feb 8, 2018
Has anyone in this forum who requested a reschedule of their test date heard back. I applied in September and received an invite for the test and interview for Dec 11th, I was already in India at the time for a family wedding and had sent a request via the IRCC webform for a reschedule. I received acknowledgment that this was forwarded to the missisauga office on 7th Jan and since then still waiting for a reply. I received an auto generated message stating that if my query has not been resolved via phone, email etc. I should fill IRCC form ...

Does anyone have any number they have called for this issue.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I know.even I call them they said no need to call.we will reschedule. He don't have any plans yet. But sometimes in an emergency bcoz his pr card expiring in May.any guess how long it gonna take??
it is waiting game ,, specially after the new law and the numbers of the new applications

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
A Montreal friend of mine (july or august applicant, not sure) missed his test around 20 Dec since he was outside the country, he was told by IRCC agent when he was back on january not to worry and got a new test invite one week ago, his new test date is 2 months after the test he was first scheduled to.

priyash86

Aug 15, 2012
A Montreal friend of mine (july or august applicant, not sure) missed his test around 20 Dec since he was outside the country, he was told by IRCC agent when he was back on january not to worry and got a new test invite one week ago, his new test date is 2 months after the test he was first scheduled to.
Can you please tell me the number he callef

tunaep

Feb 21, 2018
I wasn't able to attend my scheduled test Jan 23,2018 but let IRCC in advanced.

Jan 10, 2018 I received an email that they will reschedule me in the near future
Feb 21, 2018 I still haven't gotten any rescheduled date yet.

I'm feeling a bit worried now.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
would it possible to elaborate bit what happen with your fist test ,, I am the live example of re-schedule a test with IRCC ,, and I am confirming if you did not attend your first event for no valid reason ,, you have a long hassle to go throw ,, I had to withdraw my application and re-apply because I just arrive late on my first test , and they had no intention to re-schedule me for any near date ,, I waited for 5 month ,, than I had to give up and file a new application
if you need any help let me know ,,
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have question regarding; I missed my 1st citizenship test. (that was on Jan 18, 2018). I also send the letter of explanation. Now How much time should I wait for new test date?

As per my knowledge, they will automatically reschedule the new date. Any one have same situation?

Please help me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read on CIC website as below;

I was sent my first notice to write the test
If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

• contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
  • wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date.
Contact us
You have 30 days from the test date to contact us and let us know why you missed the test. Write us a letter explaining why you missed the test. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail or online, using this Web form.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another notice with a new test date. (We will consider this new notice as another first notice in case you miss this new date, but have a valid reason for not attending.)

If your reason is not valid, we will treat you the same as someone who missed the test and did not contact us. (See “Be rescheduled automatically” below.)

Be rescheduled automatically
We will automatically reschedule you for a new date to write the test if you did not attend the test and you:

• did not contact us to let us know, or
  • did not have a valid reason for missing the test.
We will send you a new notice telling you the new test date. This will be your final notice to write the exam.

This new test date will usually be two weeks or more after the date of the test you missed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will they send new date? I m l'll worried. Its been 2 month now.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
HI,

My husband have same situation. he missed his first exam. now waiting for next test date invitation letter.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I wasn't able to attend my scheduled test Jan 23,2018 but let IRCC in advanced.

Jan 10, 2018 I received an email that they will reschedule me in the near future
Feb 21, 2018 I still haven't gotten any rescheduled date yet.

I'm feeling a bit worried now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did you get new test date?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have question regarding; I missed my 1st citizenship test. (that was on Jan 18, 2018). I also send the letter of explanation. Now How much time should I wait for new test date?

As per my knowledge, they will automatically reschedule the new date. Any one have same situation?

Please help me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read on CIC website as below;

I was sent my first notice to write the test
If this was the first time you were asked to write the test, you can:

• contact us to let us know you missed the test, or
  • wait to be automatically rescheduled for another date.
Contact us
You have 30 days from the test date to contact us and let us know why you missed the test. Write us a letter explaining why you missed the test. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail or online, using this Web form.

The local office handling your application will decide if you have a valid reason for missing the test.

If your reason is valid, we will send you another notice with a new test date. (We will consider this new notice as another first notice in case you miss this new date, but have a valid reason for not attending.)

If your reason is not valid, we will treat you the same as someone who missed the test and did not contact us. (See “Be rescheduled automatically” below.)

Be rescheduled automatically
We will automatically reschedule you for a new date to write the test if you did not attend the test and you:

• did not contact us to let us know, or
  • did not have a valid reason for missing the test.
We will send you a new notice telling you the new test date. This will be your final notice to write the exam.

This new test date will usually be two weeks or more after the date of the test you missed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will they send new date? I m l'll worried. Its been 2 month now.
yes they eventually will re-schedule you,, but the key question is when ??? also it depends on your office ,, if you are in Montreal which it was my office ,, you need good luck to re-schedule you any time soon ,, as I explained earlier to save my head I re-apply ,, now I am waiting my ceremony ,, don't forget missing a test my generate pushing your file goes to non-routine queue ,, nowadays they don't use this term I mean you ( non-routine ) ,, but they may call it whatever ,, unusual files queue ,, bottom line it depends on you office if it is over loaded and by the way you may have it tomorrow ,, no one knows

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
yes they eventually will re-schedule you,, but the key question is when ??? also it depends on your office ,, if you are in Montreal which it was my office ,, you need good luck to re-schedule you any time soon ,, as I explained earlier to save my head I re-apply ,, now I am waiting my ceremony ,, don't forget missing a test my generate pushing your file goes to non-routine queue ,, nowadays they don't use this term I mean you ( non-routine ) ,, but they may call it whatever ,, unusual files queue ,, bottom line it depends on you office if it is over loaded and by the way you may have it tomorrow ,, no one knows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply my friend. Mine is ottawa office. I hope, I hear from them soon.

Will they update on ecase (online)? or send us mail or email?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply my friend. Mine is ottawa office. I hope, I hear from them soon.

Will they update on ecase (online)? or send us mail or email?
yes they have to