+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to receive first time Canada PR card once COPR has been received

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys, I just received the CoPR in PDF format, but since it is taking too long (more than 3 months based on your comments)., how can I change the address for delivery? (I have to move out from my current address soon).

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Could you please send me the link where you were told that cannot travel when having COPR, because I have copr too and I'm planning to travel soon. your help will be much appreciated. Thanks
Please refer the 2nd page of CoPR. it clearly mentions the following :

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada.

Reactions: NOC98

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
yes - work permit will be invalidated.
You cannot travel on the COPR since as soon as the COPR is issued, you work permit gets invalidated. The only other option is to apply for one time entry PR Visa at the Canadian consulate in the country you are visiting. Unfortunately, I was told that it would take the same amount of time as a PR card.
It would really help, if you could share the link where it is mentioned that work permit and TRV gets invalidated as soon the CoPR gets issued?

Also it looks like getting PRTD(in India) is faster though it includes extra cost and burden of documentation.

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone received their pr card yet?As I just submitted mine on March,4 so its abit too early but I was just wondering why it's taking long.Also,for pr application to be completed was I suppose to be completing a form?

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone received their pr card yet?As I just submitted mine on March,4 so its abit too early but I was just wondering why it's taking long.Also,for pr application to be completed was I suppose to be completing a form?
It took us around 1.5 months to receive the pr cards. However, I called IRCC three days after landing to update the address. The online form didn't work. I thought it was amazing to have received the cards that quick given the current situation.

Keep an eye on the emails though. In case if you need to resubmit PR photos, they'll notify you via email.

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Ok thanks.I am an inland applicant so I am not sure whether window period will be the same.So confused.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
It took us around 1.5 months to receive the pr cards. However, I called IRCC three days after landing to update the address. The online form didn't work. I thought it was amazing to have received the cards that quick given the current situation.

Keep an eye on the emails though. In case if you need to resubmit PR photos, they'll notify you via email.
That is amazing!
Did you receive your card recently? and which is your visa office?

Gulati94

Jan 3, 2021
Hi all,

Submitted my photographs on Jan 13, delivered on Jan 14 but haven't heard anything as yet. Been almost 2 months and now trying to link my PR card application in my profile but its giving me error saying the info entered is incorrect, which is not true. Can someone please help me here?

Hoping to hear back soon!

Estherkim

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hey guys, I have received my eCOPR on June 24,2021 in Vancouver. Applied as inland and have been waiting for my PR card since then… is this normal? Should I be raising a concerned to IRCC?

I would appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, I have received my eCOPR on June 24,2021 in Vancouver. Applied as inland and have been waiting for my PR card since then… is this normal? Should I be raising a concerned to IRCC?

I would appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks
This is normal. A friend of mine got her copr in June as well, just received her card yesterday.

Reactions: Estherkim