+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to receive first time Canada PR card once COPR has been received

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
Hello everyone.
How to link up the pr card application online?
This thread has some useful info:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

Try all possible combinations of adding the PR application, the Place of Birth option didnt work for me. But some other combination worked, and I was able to link my PR card application online.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hi guys, I was able to link my PR card application.

However, is there a way I can view the address I have given for the initial PR card?

Joana90

Jan 29, 2019
Got my copr on June 2 but still hasn't received my pr card. It has been over 6months after sending my photos and copr document

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Got COPR on 1st June, my photos reached the Edmonton office on 3rd July since then waiting for my PR card to arrive.

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

Hoping the new year brings some hope and we all receive our cards I'm January. @Joana90 @sshivam29 Please update here once you receive your PR cards

Reactions: sshivam29

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
That’s another Process in PR process, seems like is 1.5 years from PR process start to date of rreceipt of PR cards

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi,
I sent my photos the local office which is Vancouver in my case as per instructions in the COPR PDF. Did you guys also send it to the local VO? Are they the ones who actually print the cards or it again goes over to Ottawa?

Its been over a month now since I sent my photos and still no update.

thanks,
-v-

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
it is taking 3-4 months is what i understand. They generally believe that applicants have COPR so no rush to get these things out. Kind of frustrating but this has been situation in 2020 and expected now to continue in 2021 as well.

Reactions: vishal128901

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
it is taking 3-4 months is what i understand. They generally believe that applicants have COPR so no rush to get these things out. Kind of frustrating but this has been situation in 2020 and expected now to continue in 2021 as well.
with COPR you can not do much ? buy house open business? or the count start for citizenship ??

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Yes, i agree with you. Till you have the card all people around you take undue advantage. You feel stuck
But yes count start for citizenship should commence since if ur Inland candidate your count starts from the day of approved COPR. I am pretty sure your PR Card date should be date of COPR unless i am wrong here since people in Canada dont have to do any formal landing.

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
with COPR you can not do much ? buy house open business? or the count start for citizenship ??
Not sure about buying house or starting business, as much as I know you can apply for new SIN with CoPR. No service card though (if you are in BC), you have to wait for the PR card to apply for it.

rami3332

Jun 15, 2020
Yes, i agree with you. Till you have the card all people around you take undue advantage. You feel stuck
But yes count start for citizenship should commence since if ur Inland candidate your count starts from the day of approved COPR. I am pretty sure your PR Card date should be date of COPR unless i am wrong here since people in Canada dont have to do any formal landing.
Thank you.. as far as the count starts that is at least good sign.. Iam already inland.. as we all know this is long process so better not to make it longer :)