+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get an AOR for a self-employed persons program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah am actually going for Paris olímpics in June,
World clas isn’t a hinderance!
It’s just the awkward way of IRcc process!
How do u proces a file for 5years
Congratulations! This stream not a path that accepts that many people vs the number of people who apply. It is difficult to access whether you can be self employed in Canada without working a second job. Many Canadian athletes work part-time because you only make money from endorsements, and sponsorship/funding from national associations or Canadian Olympic Association. As PR, you may not have access to those funds until you are a citizen. So you would have shown the funds you get from sponsorship/endorsements and that those will carry over if your are PR in Canada. Processing used to take 7+ years..

Jan 3, 2024
Yeah I get were you are stressing your point!but that’s upto the officer to make a decision!the problem here is a decision is taking forevermore!am a focused athletics coach who can decide to shift my talents to somewhere else depending on the vo’s yes or no!it’s just that the processing period is now an insult to professionals!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah I get were you are stressing your point!but that’s upto the officer to make a decision!the problem here is a decision is taking forevermore!am a focused athletics coach who can decide to shift my talents to somewhere else depending on the vo’s yes or no!it’s just that the processing period is now an insult to professionals!!
I get it so you should be looking at other avenues. This stream has always taken many years to process. This is well known.

Jan 3, 2024
The question here is not eligibility but about the processing time and handling of files!they should be thinking of refunding our fees and lost valued times,applying it was 22months,without respect they have stretched it to 54months!!!and they are still acepting more files on top of the backlog!is it a money making scheme of sorts?!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The question here is not eligibility but about the processing time and handling of files!they should be thinking of refunding our fees and lost valued times,applying it was 22months,without respect they have stretched it to 54months!!!and they are still acepting more files on top of the backlog!is it a money making scheme of sorts?!!
I agree so take it up with IRCC. This is a volunteer forum. You can hire a Canadian lawyer to go to federal court but that will cost $10k+. So doesn’t make sense until you really want to immigrate to Canada and fight the government.

Reactions: Simba112
Jan 3, 2024
My file is already under process!so sadly I can’t get a full refund of my application fees!if it were possible I could have applied for a refund than be part of this immigration madness !!otherwise goodluck to all of your whose files have been trapped already!!

lalelu

Jul 1, 2021
For me, it was a long wait from application to AOR.

I submitted online in June 2021 and got an AOR + Biometrics Request in May 2023. Nothing has happened since then. Hope this info helps.
hii,I think you are the first one I know who have similar timeline with me.I also applied online in June 2021 got AOR+BIO done in August 2023.
but I couldn't find my status in CAS system(https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
have you tried yours?the information I got from others who got AOR could already identify themselves in CAS system.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyTrueNorth

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
hii,I think you are the first one I know who have similar timeline with me.I also applied online in June 2021 got AOR+BIO done in August 2023.
but I couldn't find my status in CAS system(https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
have you tried yours?the information I got from others who got AOR could already identify themselves in CAS system.

Hi, yes, I tried the CAS and I can't find my status either. Maybe because it's only for applications with immigration lawyers/consultants? I applied by myself, didn't hire anyone, so maybe that's why... Based on other people's applications, it takes around 8 months from AOR to ADR/Medical but this is just my personal guess...

Reactions: lalelu

lalelu

Jul 1, 2021
Hi, yes, I tried the CAS and I can't find my status either. Maybe because it's only for applications with immigration lawyers/consultants? I applied by myself, didn't hire anyone, so maybe that's why... Based on other people's applications, it takes around 8 months from AOR to ADR/Medical but this is just my personal guess...
thank u for your information!I thought it was paper based&online application differences.I also applied by myself,we have very similar situation.
so far as I know some applicants from April 2021 have got their ADR and medical exam request.so it will be soon our turn, keep fingers crossed!!!v

Reactions: MyTrueNorth