+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get an AOR for a self-employed persons program?

felix8678

Dec 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently in the process of applying for the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program and am trying to get a better understanding of the current processing times.

I understand that the timeline can vary greatly depending on various factors, but I was hoping to hear from those who have recently gone through the process or are currently in the midst of it. If you don't mind sharing:

1. When did you submit your application?
  2. How long did it take to receive your Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR)?
  3. Have there been any significant updates or progress in your application since then?
  4. Any additional advice or insights based on your experience?
I'm trying to set realistic expectations for myself and plan accordingly. Any shared experiences or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently in the process of applying for the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program and am trying to get a better understanding of the current processing times.

I understand that the timeline can vary greatly depending on various factors, but I was hoping to hear from those who have recently gone through the process or are currently in the midst of it. If you don't mind sharing:

3. Have there been any significant updates or progress in your application since then?
I'm trying to set realistic expectations for myself and plan accordingly. Any shared experiences or insights would be greatly appreciated!

You can read through the various years threads (2018-2022) and get lots of timeline info. For instance, you can see mine (in my signature). It’s different and at times pretty random.

good luck!

Reactions: felix8678

felix8678

Dec 30, 2023
You can read through the various years threads (2018-2022) and get lots of timeline info. For instance, you can see mine (in my signature). It’s different and at times pretty random.

good luck!
Thank you for the information! Happy new year!

MyTrueNorth

Jul 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

For me, it was a long wait from application to AOR.

I submitted online in June 2021 and got an AOR + Biometrics Request in May 2023. Nothing has happened since then. Hope this info helps.

felix8678

Dec 30, 2023
For me, it was a long wait from application to AOR.

I submitted online in June 2021 and got an AOR + Biometrics Request in May 2023. Nothing has happened since then. Hope this info helps.
Thank you very much! I was searching the internet for anyone who got their AOR in or after 2022, as nobody’s application seemed to be processed recently. You’re the latest case I could find. So I guess I should wait for about two years to get the AOR. Thank you again and hope you get your COPR soon!

Reactions: MyTrueNorth
Jan 3, 2024
Hi members!I applied for self employed category in 2019 and my file is now52months old,I thout I could file web form but it’s now increased to 54months processing period!any one knows wats happening to PR files in dareslam Tanzania embassy ?or generally to self employed files ?

felix8678

Dec 30, 2023
Hi members!I applied for self employed category in 2019 and my file is now52months old,I thout I could file web form but it’s now increased to 54months processing period!any one knows wats happening to PR files in dareslam Tanzania embassy ?or generally to self employed files ?
You got an AOR? Did you apply online?

Jan 3, 2024
Yes I got it in October 2019,I was asked to pay for biometrics which I did ,hv never been updated just generic response!!!have filled for gcms notes today!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Have ordered for the cgms notes today!!my noc code falls in coaches and athletics
Wait to see what notes say. Less than 1000 people are selected through this stream including start up visas per year. Assume you showed that you are a world class coach/athlete in your field to show that you can be self sustaining in Canada (which is an expensive place to live).

Jan 3, 2024
Yeah am actually going for Paris olímpics in June,
World clas isn’t a hinderance!
It’s just the awkward way of IRcc process!
How do u proces a file for 5years