+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

forjoydeep

May 11, 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Are you in the US? Maybe they have already sent your passport, but it takes almost a week to get it in the US.
Hello biochemgal09 - I thought you said you are in the US and sent your passports to CPP-O an hence had a question for you. I am in the US too and sent our passports to CPP-O thru FEDEX International priority. It has reached on May 22nd and I also have a return priority envelope of FEDEX as well within my pkg. Just asking when my passports are ready, I believe they would be using the same return envelope that I had sent....am i correct ? I was actually something like XPressPost and tracker activation here and hence was confused. Did you also FEDEX them ?

Please advise.

Thanks,
forjoydeep

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
forjoydeep said:
Hello biochemgal09 - I thought you said you are in the US and sent your passports to CPP-O an hence had a question for you. I am in the US too and sent our passports to CPP-O thru FEDEX International priority. It has reached on May 22nd and I also have a return priority envelope of FEDEX as well within my pkg. Just asking when my passports are ready, I believe they would be using the same return envelope that I had sent....am i correct ? I was actually something like XPressPost and tracker activation here and hence was confused. Did you also FEDEX them ?

Please advise.

Thanks,
forjoydeep
Hi Joydeep,

I am in the US and I had sent husband's and my passports via UPS, and included a return envelope as well. But I heard that they wont use the return UPS or Fedex included to return the pps to US, instead they will send it via regular canada post mail. (check out forum member Speednab's posts. He is from US, he had the same experience)

Xpresspost tracker activation: These are for people who are within Canada. They are able to include Xpresspost return envelope, since they live in canada, and these can be tracked once CPP returns their passports. Whereas for anybody from outside Canada, CPP ottawa will return passports only through regular mail, even if we had included UPS or FEDEX return envelops.

Hope I made things clear :) I will let you know if they used my return envelope once I get my passports back.

mcdimples

Apr 23, 2013
I would like to say THANK YOU to all!!!! I just received my passport this morning!!!! And to those who are still waiting, hang in there, try to contact your MP it helps. ;D ;D ;D

forjoydeep

May 11, 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Hi Joydeep,

I am in the US and I had sent husband's and my passports via UPS, and included a return envelope as well. But I heard that they wont use the return UPS or Fedex included to return the pps to US, instead they will send it via regular canada post mail. (check out forum member Speednab's posts. He is from US, he had the same experience)

Xpresspost tracker activation: These are for people who are within Canada. They are able to include Xpresspost return envelope, since they live in canada, and these can be tracked once CPP returns their passports. Whereas for anybody from outside Canada, CPP ottawa will return passports only through regular mail, even if we had included UPS or FEDEX return envelops.

Hope I made things clear :) I will let you know if they used my return envelope once I get my passports back.
Thanks so much....yes it is pretty clearer now....it will now be a wait for me to get our PPs back thru regular mail hopefully.

shutams

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Got the PP today and 15 months journey finished - planning to do inland landing and monday going to call CIC to book appointment

Mayithelp

May 25, 2013
Received passport after 60 days. Passport received at Ottawa on 26 Match, 2013. Returned on 24th May, 2013. Thank you to all previous active members. Their supports and suggestions were important in many ways. I was not active, but following the forum. I am QSW and finished landing today at Lacolle Boarder. The office was very nice. Just needed passport, CPR, and CSQ. asked how much balance you have in bank. No need to submit any statement. Give your address in Canada and that's it. Let me know if some one need specific information. thanks to luckyroyal, viber, MS, and Sy ....and all ....

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congrats for those who have just gotten their trackers activated or received their passports :) Especially those who have waited a long time. Anyway, Mayithelp, can you share with us the date on your landing letter, and the one on your visa (and COPR)?

mcdimples

Apr 23, 2013
asbereth said:
Congrats for those who have just gotten their trackers activated or received their passports :) Especially those who have waited a long time. Anyway, Mayithelp, can you share with us the date on your landing letter, and the one on your visa (and COPR)?
what is landing paper? i only have 2 pages of instruction (I think), passport with visa stamp and CoPR.... now I'm confused? What should I bring aside from passport and CoPR when crossing the boarder? Thanks!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mcdimples said:
what is landing paper? i only have 2 pages of instruction (I think), passport with visa stamp and CoPR.... now I'm confused? What should I bring aside from passport and CoPR when crossing the boarder? Thanks!
Sorry, I meant the two pages of instructions you were talking about. It was dated, usually one day before your tracker became active. Your COPR and visa stamp probably have the same date. Can you share what date your visa has and also the date of the instruction page?

When crossing the border, she asked me for employment letter and also proof of funds. Most people don't really get asked for these, but always try to be as prepared as possible.

mcdimples

Apr 23, 2013
asbereth said:
Sorry, I meant the two pages of instructions you were talking about. It was dated, usually one day before your tracker became active. Your COPR and visa stamp probably have the same date. Can you share what date your visa has and also the date of the instruction page?

When crossing the border, she asked me for employment letter and also proof of funds. Most people don't really get asked for these, but always try to be as prepared as possible.
May 16, 2013 both my visa and CoPR. I think my docs are misplaced because Ottawa received my passport Feb 19, 2013. Unlike MS and Viber, they have their visa stamp the same month Ottawa received their passport.

chem

May 26, 2013
help101 said:
Hello,
Quick update from my side. I received my pp back today on May 23rd around 2:30pm EST. I sent my pp to CPP Ottawa on April 25th.

I wish luck to everyone who are still waiting.
that was sooo quick!! congrats :)

Best regards,
mendi said:
Congratulations Viber!! I am very happy for you, finally you got your passport back too :D hope you find a new job soon.