+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
I received my passport yesterday ...and i decided to finish my landing same day. I rented a car with my friend who is a Canadian citizen and we drove to Woodstock , NB. Landing went pretty smooth . when i entered US border they asked me few questions , like have i ever been to US, What do i do for work . that's all .Then they gave me a refusal document and I was asked to go back to Canada .When i entered the Canadian office there I saw few officers.One of them looked pretty nasty and I was hoping that he should handle my case . He was asking so many question's to family .He was not in a good mood .Thank god a very nice officer came to me and asked my for my passport and copr document . He asked how long you have been in Canada ,Are you currently employed,Do you have drivers licence. I replied to all his questions. I told him i was laid off in march and I am on EI right now .He told that is not a problem .He stamped my Copr and congratulated me for becoming PR of Canada. :p

All is well that ends well.

Congrats to all the friends who got there passports back and all the best to ones who are waiting .

JT

May 22, 2013
Hello guys, I sent my passport on April 18 and was received on April 22.. No updates after that!!!! :(

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
bigboor said:
Mine was received on April 26 and still waiting :'(
Are you in the US? Maybe they have already sent your passport, but it takes almost a week to get it in the US.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Got this email from CPP ottawa. IS this a good sign? Can I believe them?!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application has been finalized and your passport is now being returned to you.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail.

bigboor

May 20, 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Are you in the US? Maybe they have already sent your passport, but it takes almost a week to get it in the US.
Yes, I am in the US.
I'm worried because some of those sent their passports before the end of April got them back about two weeks ago.

bigboor

May 20, 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Got this email from CPP ottawa. IS this a good sign? Can I believe them?!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application has been finalized and your passport is now being returned to you.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail.

Is this a reply to your inquiry? I haven't received this mail :'(

bigboor

May 20, 2013
Just got this when I was posting :'(

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your passport and your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.
If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned to you by regular mail.

JT

May 22, 2013
bigboor said:
Just got this when I was posting :'(

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received your passport and your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.
If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned to you by regular mail.

Looks like a generic e-mail.. Is this a reply for an e-mail you sent them?

mendi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
viber30 said:
I received my passport yesterday ...and i decided to finish my landing same day. I rented a car with my friend who is a Canadian citizen and we drove to Woodstock , NB. Landing went pretty smooth . when i entered US border they asked me few questions , like have i ever been to US, What do i do for work . that's all .Then they gave me a refusal document and I was asked to go back to Canada .When i entered the Canadian office there I saw few officers.One of them looked pretty nasty and I was hoping that he should handle my case . He was asking so many question's to family .He was not in a good mood .Thank god a very nice officer came to me and asked my for my passport and copr document . He asked how long you have been in Canada ,Are you currently employed,Do you have drivers licence. I replied to all his questions. I told him i was laid off in march and I am on EI right now .He told that is not a problem .He stamped my Copr and congratulated me for becoming PR of Canada. :p

Congrats to all the friends who got there passports back and all the best to ones who are waiting .
Congratulations Viber!! I am very happy for you, finally you got your passport back too :D hope you find a new job soon.

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viber30 said:

Congrats viber!!

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
Hello,
Quick update from my side. I received my pp back today on May 23rd around 2:30pm EST. I sent my pp to CPP Ottawa on April 25th.

I wish luck to everyone who are still waiting.

Best regards,