+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bkkkk said:
No one signed the package. Just showed " delivered successfully " , this is also the answer I got when I called canada post.
I have an image of the envelope, so pretty sure my address and phone # on it are correct ( also this is my current address in canada ). Tracking # becomes useless now. Canada post cannot locate my package. Yes, I will have to check the post offices nearby me.
Hope you have received your PPs back by now. If it goes to somebody else's hand, they will definitely contact you.

nianjian

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kamya! said:
No I didn't put green sticker? From where did you find that green sticker? I have a lawyer so she sent my passport.
What stream are you in? PNP? When I got the PNP nomination letter from the province, they gave me some green stickers, and asked me to put it on the envelope when i send application to CIC. I did stick it on my application to CIC, but forgot to put when I sent the passport.

Kamya!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
20-6-2012
AOR Received.
4-12-2012
IELTS Request
-N.A-
Med's Request
5-12-2012
Med's Done....
20-12-2012
Interview........
-N.A-
Passport Req..
March 14,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.......
LANDED..........
Aleady in Canada
I applied under PNP but my lawyer receives all documents so I don't know if she got stickers or not.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I landed today at Peace Arch border (BC). I’m sharing my landing experience with you guys. Hope this will help you, especially if you are going to land at Peace Arch boarder.

I took the 375 bus and got off at King George Boulevard and 8th avenue. I called pacific cab; it cost me only $8. The cab driver put me in front of the Canadian custom office. I told custom officer that I want to do flag-pole, she directed me to US custom building. You should stay within the two roads, do not cross the roads. You will see US custom when you leave Canadian custom.

One US custom officer directed me to line C, there were only 2 people in front of me. I told the custom officer that I’m doing flag-pole, he gave me a paper (refusal to enter US). I took it back to Canadian custom building, where I started. One officer took the paper and gave me a yellow slip and asked me to go to line B in the Canadian custom building. One officer took my PP and CPR, asked me to sign in three places in CPR and also asked me to write down my address and phone number in a piece of paper. He did not ask me for any additional documents. Whole flag-polling didn’t take more than 1.5 hours.

I walked back to King George Boulevard and 8th avenue along Beach road. It was a very nice walk.

You guys will receive PPs back soon. Good luck with your landing…!!!

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Nuwa said:
Hi Guys,

I landed today at Peace Arch border (BC). I'm sharing my landing experience with you guys. Hope this will help you, especially if you are going to land at Peace Arch boarder.
You guys will receive PPs back soon. Good luck with your landing...!!!
Hi,

Thank you for sharing. Wish you all the best.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giluy said:
Hi,

Thank you for sharing. Wish you all the best.

You will receive PPs back pretty soon, get ready for landing :)

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Nuwa said:
Hi Guys,

I landed today at Peace Arch border (BC). I'm sharing my landing experience with you guys. Hope this will help you, especially if you are going to land at Peace Arch boarder.

I took the 375 bus and got off at King George Boulevard and 8th avenue. I called pacific cab; it cost me only $8. The cab driver put me in front of the Canadian custom office. I told custom officer that I want to do flag-pole, she directed me to US custom building. You should stay within the two roads, do not cross the roads. You will see US custom when you leave Canadian custom.

One US custom officer directed me to line C, there were only 2 people in front of me. I told the custom officer that I'm doing flag-pole, he gave me a paper (refusal to enter US). I took it back to Canadian custom building, where I started. One officer took the paper and gave me a yellow slip and asked me to go to line B in the Canadian custom building. One officer took my PP and CPR, asked me to sign in three places in CPR and also asked me to write down my address and phone number in a piece of paper. He did not ask me for any additional documents. Whole flag-polling didn't take more than 1.5 hours.

I walked back to King George Boulevard and 8th avenue along Beach road. It was a very nice walk.

Congratulations Nuwa,

can you tell me when the US officer gave you a refusal letter...what it has...he made any entry in your passport?
what exactly US officer did?

Syed

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syed_h_sha said:
Congratulations Nuwa,

can you tell me when the US officer gave you a refusal letter...what it has...he made any entry in your passport?
what exactly US officer did?

Syed
US officer took about 10 mis to fill my refusal letter. He took my PP and entered some information into a computer. Then he wrote down 2 or 3 numbers on the refusal letter, I don't remember those exactly. He didn't make any entry in my PP. Flag-pole is just a landing procedure. It is not considered as a refusal of US visa.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuwa said:
Hi Guys,

One US custom officer directed me to line C, there were only 2 people in front of me. I told the custom officer that I'm doing flag-pole, he gave me a paper (refusal to enter US). I took it back to Canadian custom building, where I started. One officer took the paper and gave me a yellow slip and asked me to go to line B in the Canadian custom building. One officer took my PP and CPR, asked me to sign in three places in CPR and also asked me to write down my address and phone number in a piece of paper. He did not ask me for any additional documents. Whole flag-polling didn't take more than 1.5 hours.

I don't have to apply for PR card separately. They will send it in registered post to the address I gave when I'm landing. It will take up to 6 weeks for PR card to arrive.

avis7

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20 june 2012
AOR Received.
OCT 3 2012
Med's Request
12 oct 2012
Med's Done....
"16 oct 2012" IN PROCESS "4 dec 2012"
Passport Req..
mar 6
VISA ISSUED...
26 mar 13
LANDED..........
12 apr 13
hii nuwa

congratzz ... me too planning to go for landing at peace arch .... wt additional documents did you carry .
thx

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avis7 said:
hii nuwa

congratzz ... me too planning to go for landing at peace arch .... wt additional documents did you carry .
thx
I carried my driving license (as a proof of address), study/work permits and BC PNP letter. They needed only CPR and PP. But, it is good idea to take those additional documents just in case.

pineapple

Star Member
Jul 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11 June 2012
AOR Received.
2 Aug 2012 from CIO-NS
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
9 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
14 Aug 2012, ecas updated to medical results received Oct 1 2012, in process Oct 2 2012
Passport Req..
March 12 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 15 2013
LANDED..........
April 26 2013
Bkkkk said:
I believe my package from Ottawa ( passport and my landing paper ) got lost !!!!! :-\

I don't know what to do.

I have already reported to Canada Post, and Canada Post said it has been delivered to my address on april 4.

WHERE IS MY PASSPORT !!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Bkkkk,

Did you get any news regarding your passport?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my landing yesterday through New Brunswick and Maine border. US customs gave me a hard time and they made me go through a second inspection even though I have a valid visa to the states. They asked me bunch of questions and I was like shouldn't this be the Canadian customs' concern and not yours?! they were like that's the process. They all had attitude, I wanted to rip the US visa and threw it in their face and tell them to shove it up their butts. So anyway, I then drove back to the Canadian side and as expected, officers were all welcoming, friendly, and smiling. I asked the officer why don't you teach the US officers some manners in how to deal with people? He laughed and told me "We don't even deal with the US officers". They asked for the CPR and the PP. The officer asked me the questions on the CPR and made me initial by them. and then I signed both copies. One stayed with him and one for my records to obtain SIN and health card. He then gave me a piece of paper to write my address and then sat on his computer for a couple minutes and then the process was over. The whole process took around 30-45 minutes, 80% of that time was spent in the states, irony much?

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
I did my landing yesterday through New Brunswick and Maine border. US customs gave me a hard time and they made me go through a second inspection even though I have a valid visa to the states. They asked me bunch of questions and I was like shouldn't this be the Canadian customs' concern and not yours?! they were like that's the process. They all had attitude, I wanted to rip the US visa and threw it in their face and tell them to shove it up their butts. So anyway, I then drove back to the Canadian side and as expected, officers were all welcoming, friendly, and smiling. I asked the officer why don't you teach the US officers some manners in how to deal with people? He laughed and told me "We don't even deal with the US officers". They asked for the CPR and the PP. The officer asked me the questions on the CPR and made me initial by them. and then I signed both copies. One stayed with him and one for my records to obtain SIN and health card. He then gave me a piece of paper to write my address and then sat on his computer for a couple minutes and then the process was over. The whole process took around 30-45 minutes, 80% of that time was spent in the states, irony much?
Congratulations Ronaldo...

it is really wired ...why US so concern about a Canada PR.
they want to put a finger in every aspect I guess....may be those officer were different.

good luck and enjoy your life in Canada...

Syed