+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
viber30 said:
Hi called CIC and they told me send an email to CPP-O explaining your situation.Should i send an email to Ottawa and tell them i was laid off today ?AS my ecas status is " decision made" and i have already sent my passport to Ottawa for stamping .? Please help

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StillWaiting87 said:
Haha... I am glad you can see a bright side in all this mess :)
What can we do my friend. We gotta stay positive :)

syed_h_sha said:
You are Optimistic my friend..but
PR can't be issued unless you do landing successfully.

I sent a mail to CIC got the following reply

"Due to large amount of correspondence, we might have not gotten to your correspondence yet.

Please allow few days for the receipt of your documents. "

Not sure how many days it is going to take.
my passport reached there on 21st Feb.

Syed
Makes sense. But why do you think people who got their photographs requested take way longer than those who didn't?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- Relax!

2- Decision made is pretty self explanatory. Plus if you notice in your PPR, there is no mention of "Have you lost or changed employment since our last correspondence?"

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
viber30 said:
Hi called CIC and they told me send an email to CPP-O explaining your situation.Should i send an email to Ottawa and tell them i was laid off today ?AS my ecas status is " decision made" and i have already sent my passport to Ottawa for stamping .? Please help
I will suggest not do anything CIC or CPP-O or the situation might get messy, Its already been very very messy.. just relax and look for another job, during your landing stage you can always show your orignal offer letter to the IO, when you got that job. or if you find another Job in meantime you can show that offer letter to the IO and tell them i switched my job.

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
1- Relax!

2- Decision made is pretty self explanatory. Plus if you notice in your PPR, there is no mention of "Have you lost or changed employment since our last correspondence?"
Thanks ronaldo ...i am just worried that when i will do my landing will they ask me for job letter ? should i notify CIC about this ? I believe decision made is passport stamped ?

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
giluy said:
Hi

I just called CIC Call center to ask abt the passports. The agent did not know anything. She said there is no way for them to check what Ottawa is working on and the only way for us to contact Ottawa is email. There is nothing they can do for us at this stage....

I am getting out of my patience after calling CiC....
Its well Known Fact that the Call center agents, have no frekin Idea of anything and all they can do is just sit and throw BS at whover calls them.

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
StillWaiting87 said:
I called CIC and they said it's probably a mistake and they meant another office! CIC phone service is so useless..
So are they gooing to transfer you to other office Now, I hope its not Detroit ::) ::)

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
viber30 said:
Thanks ronaldo ...i am just worried that when i will do my landing will they ask me for job letter ? should i notify CIC about this ? I believe decision made is passport stamped ?
Decision made ststus ob eCAS does not means passport stamped, my status changed to Descision made even before they sent PPR

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
rajkatak said:
Decision made ststus ob eCAS does not means passport stamped, my status changed to Descision made even before they sent PPR
Looks like they are sending Tons of PPR requests out there to folks, however only a handfull of PP have been returned, not sure what the heck they dooing collecting so many PP everyday. They really need to start stamping PP on a industrial scale to keep up to the speed.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkatak said:
Looks like they are sending Tons of PPR requests out there to folks, however only a handfull of PP have been returned, not sure what the heck they dooing collecting so many PP everyday. They really need to start stamping PP on a industrial scale to keep up to the speed.
hey
why can't you send something like this to CPP-Ottawa. I got frustrated and was like what the heck was taking you so long when I was waiting on my passport request. Then I told them that some of the october applicants are getting their ppr and how come I am out of the loop. I specifically told them not to send any kind of generic email and three hours later, I got my passport request that day.
Just Bug them may be that will work for ya

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
viber30 said:
dude do not do any thing now. No body needs to know that you are jobless now. if they ask show your original offer letter and bank balance..that is enough....

I agree with rajkatak. it is going to be mess if you notify them now...
once you get your passport do landing immediately and get your PR card and in mean time start looking for jobs...

alishahworld

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viber30 said:
Viber don't worry. You don't need to inform anyone! check this, its from OP(7)b

There are three bases upon which a provincial nominee who meets all statutory admissibility
requirements can be refused a visa:
• The officer has reason to believe that the applicant does not intend to live in the province that
has nominated them;
• The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is unlikely to be able to successfully
establish economicallyin Canada;
• The officer has reason to believe that the applicant is participating in, or intends to participate
in, a passive investment or an immigration-linked investment scheme as defined in R87(5) to
R87(9) of the Regulations.
In each case, the officer must have some evidence to support this belief and overcome the
presumptions implied by the provincial nomination.Every provincial nominee agreement obliges
the immigration officer to consult with an official of the nominating province regarding the intention
to refuse before the refusal is actuallymade.
If the officer, after consulting with the province, still intends to refuse, R87(4) requires that a
second officer concur with the decision to refuse, before it can be made official. Both officers’
names should be clearly recorded in the CAIPSnotes

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
CANMAPLE said:
hey
why can't you send something like this to CPP-Ottawa. I got frustrated and was like what the heck was taking you so long when I was waiting on my passport request. Then I told them that some of the october applicants are getting their ppr and how come I am out of the loop. I specifically told them not to send any kind of generic email and three hours later, I got my passport request that day.
Just Bug them may be that will work for ya
Dude, Already sent them 3 very polite emails, what else you think we can do..You might be one of the lucky ones that they responded, very few peoples on this forum has got responses back.

Kamya!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
20-6-2012
AOR Received.
4-12-2012
IELTS Request
-N.A-
Med's Request
5-12-2012
Med's Done....
20-12-2012
Interview........
-N.A-
Passport Req..
March 14,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.......
LANDED..........
Aleady in Canada
Date passport received at CPP : March 20,2013
Are you married or with children,mention number of passport sent out : single , 1.
Did you attach photographs with PP: No
Have you paid your PPRF with processing fees or with PPR : With PPR
Date your passport dispatched?: Not yet!

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks Alishah ...that was helpful .I am hoping everything goes fine now.I sent my passport on8th of march to cpp and got laid off on 25 th of march.