+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

T

tonyjune

WeazyF said:
I sent my PP since March 1st, tracked using Canada post and it still says out for delivery since the 5th. Called Canada post they are saying it was delivered to a bulk receiver and as such I should contact CIC. I did last week CiC says we still have no received your passport, we would let u know when we receive it. It may be in our warehouse. Now I just hope my passport isn't missing. Is anyone having the same issue.
scary!! there was another guy who said the same thing in this thread. when did you get this reply from CPP-O?

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
tonyjune said:
scary!! there was another guy who said the same thing in this thread. when did you get this reply from CPP-O?
Last week Wednesday, I hope Cic know what they are doing

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WeazyF said:
I sent my PP since March 1st, tracked using Canada post and it still says out for delivery since the 5th. Called Canada post they are saying it was delivered to a bulk receiver and as such I should contact CIC. I did last week CiC says we still have no received your passport, we would let u know when we receive it. It may be in our warehouse. Now I just hope my passport isn't missing. Is anyone having the same issue.
Don't worry. They have so many packages that some of them are left in their warehouse and picked up at a later date when they have room for them in their office. Your passport is in their warehouse, the question is, when will it be picked up?

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Don't worry. They have so many packages that some of them are left in their warehouse and picked up at a later date when they have room for them in their office. Your passport is in their warehouse, the question is, when will it be picked up?
It is extremly serious matter, how they handle peoples passport. There is no acknowledgement, no tracking service, no email receipt of passport received or sent, call center has no clue where your PP is, passports piled up in warehouse like trash, bitting dust. All this kind of service for CA$ 490 per PP. Had this agency been in US, there would have been plenty of lawsuits against them for this type of carelessness in handling pasports. They dont realize most of the peoples applying are temperory residents in canada or other countries and loosing PP will put them thru hell and put their legal status in jeopardy.

The Immigration lawyers asociation in Canada seeems extremly lazy too, I spoke to a few, they are only concerned about making money rather then knocking the doors of their legislators to improve the current system. Oh well..I am just waiting the day for my PP to get back and i am done with this freaking CIC/CPP.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
WeazyF said:
Last week Wednesday, I hope Cic know what they are doing
We just have to wait. Of course they have thousands of passports, some of them waiting at the warehouse. I am sure that they care about it and nothing will be lost.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkatak said:
It is extremly serious matter, how they handle peoples passport. There is no acknowledgement, no tracking service, no email receipt of passport received or sent, call center has no clue where your PP is, passports piled up in warehouse like trash, bitting dust. All this kind of service for CA$ 490 per PP. Had this agency been in US, there would have been plenty of lawsuits against them for this type of carelessness in handling pasports. They dont realize most of the peoples applying are temperory residents in canada or other countries and loosing PP will put them thru hell and put their legal status in jeopardy.

The Immigration lawyers asociation in Canada seeems extremly lazy too, I spoke to a few, they are only concerned about making money rather then knocking the doors of their legislators to improve the current system. Oh well..I am just waiting the day for my PP to get back and i am done with this freaking CIC/CPP.
It is 3 weeks for me. I sent them a mail last week, but no response...

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Nuwa said:
Could you please explain the process of landing, I'm also planning to go to Peace Arch.
I drove to the states (I require a visa and I didn't have one), and told the officer I'm flag-polling. Went inside the building in the US, got my refusal letter and drove back to Canada where I landed. Took me about 1.5 hours without driving to the border, and didn't need most of the docs I took with me. Seems that the officers may arbitrarily ask for random documents, so have them with you just in case.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
rajkatak said:
Congrats!!, looks like you had the PP request in FEB 2013, did you mail PP to CPP-O ? if yes when did you you received PP back? since you did the landing are you based in US? did they send you any tracking numbers or something before mailing the PP...Thanks and will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks. I mailed my passport from BC to Ottawa, and it took 42 calendar days to get it back. I received it on Tuesday, and just flag-polled at the border. My Xpresspost tracking got activated, so no special notification.

jug2012

Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
essy86 said:
Thanks. I mailed my passport from BC to Ottawa, and it took 42 calendar days to get it back. I received it on Tuesday, and just flag-polled at the border. My Xpresspost tracking got activated, so no special notification.
Congrats essy86!!

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
essy86 said:
I drove to the states (I require a visa and I didn't have one), and told the officer I'm flag-polling. Went inside the building in the US, got my refusal letter and drove back to Canada where I landed. Took me about 1.5 hours without driving to the border, and didn't need most of the docs I took with me. Seems that the officers may arbitrarily ask for random documents, so have them with you just in case.
Thank you very much for the information!

bradders

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept 2012
Nomination.....
23rd Aug 2012
AOR Received.
4th Nov 2012
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012
Med's Done....
16th Nov 2012
Passport Req..
20th March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27th March 2013
LANDED..........
6th April 2013
Hi guys, I just received my request for RPRF and in a little confused. The email asks me to email my receipt, which I've done. It also asks for any documents listed to be send. The only thing mentioned is my passport, which I don't need to send a hard copy of as I'm visa exempt.

Did everyone in this thread HAVE to send their passport? As I'm visa exempt, will they just email me my COPR and instruct me to go to the border??

jug2012

Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bradders said:
Hi guys, I just received my request for RPRF and in a little confused. The email asks me to email my receipt, which I've done. It also asks for any documents listed to be send. The only thing mentioned is my passport, which I don't need to send a hard copy of as I'm visa exempt.

Did everyone in this thread HAVE to send their passport? As I'm visa exempt, will they just email me my COPR and instruct me to go to the border??
You don't have to send the passport, just email the photocopy.

senuli

Nov 15, 2011
Hi , Canada post said my passport have deliverd them on 21st Feb. Since I did not recive any feed back from them after a month I sent an email inquary asking whether they recive my passport or not.
Then their reply was 'Once we have received passports the turnaround rate to send them is approximately 14 days' :eek:

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just contacted Canada post. they checked the tracking number, they told me the only information that they have is they got it on March 9th. so the return envelope has been with them since the 9th, I was like why didn't deliver it if you had it since the 9th? they were like it has to be approved by the sender. I told them it is hard to contact the sender, they were like there has to be a way sir! I don't know what to do guys