+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

patience_patience

Mar 25, 2013
No update for me. Passport received feb 21 and no reply to my 'urgent' emails. Starting to lose hope that I will be able to meet my commitments which require travellung to the USA next week. My MP will inquire for me (their office replied to me 1 day after I contacted them). Hope that shaking my cage will do something.
Bummer (understatement)

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
At least they acknowledged they have my passports.. ;D

"We have received your passport and your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail."

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
patience_patience said:
No update for me. Passport received feb 21 and no reply to my 'urgent' emails. Starting to lose hope that I will be able to meet my commitments which require travellung to the USA next week. My MP will inquire for me (their office replied to me 1 day after I contacted them). Hope that shaking my cage will do something.
Bummer (understatement)
Same here..passport received on Feb.13 and not even a reply to any of my emails..how can you contact an MP?

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
rdecartus said:
At least they acknowledged they have my passports.. ;D

"We have received your passport and your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail."
When/what time you got that reply?

Thanks

patience_patience

Mar 25, 2013
StillWaiting87 said:
Same here..passport received on Feb.13 and not even a reply to any of my emails..how can you contact an MP?
You can google 'mp riding' to find the contact of your elected member of parliament (can search with your postal code if you don't know the name of your riding). They are 'our voice' even if technically we don't vote yet... But they know we will eventually. I needed to sign a consent for them to inquire on my behalf with the immigration ministry and sent them two copy of ID. You can't ask them if you had an immigration lawyer working with you.
Apparently they get answers as there is a special office in Ottawa that solely deal with MPs. Curious to know how long they have to wait to get info. The person I spoke to did not seem surprised of the delays and lack of replies, so I assume they deal with immigration often for similar issues. They also enter the information in a database, so maybe this acts as a 'complaint' process.

Hope this helps

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
patience_patience said:
You can google 'mp riding' to find the contact of your elected member of parliament (can search with your postal code if you don't know the name of your riding). They are 'our voice' even if technically we don't vote yet... But they know we will eventually. I needed to sign a consent for them to inquire on my behalf with the immigration ministry and sent them two copy of ID. You can't ask them if you had an immigration lawyer working with you.
Apparently they get answers as there is a special office in Ottawa that solely deal with MPs. Curious to know how long they have to wait to get info. The person I spoke to did not seem surprised of the delays and lack of replies, so I assume they deal with immigration often for similar issues. They also enter the information in a database, so maybe this acts as a 'complaint' process.

Hope this helps
Thank you, I already googled and found the name of my MP, I didn't have a lawyer. I will send an email and explain my situation, I am getting desperate here, so why not try this...

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
StillWaiting87 said:
Thank you, I already googled and found the name of my MP, I didn't have a lawyer. I will send an email and explain my situation, I am getting desperate here, so why not try this...
Yes, its quite a while Feb 13 th and no reply no email, thats unacceptable. You definately need to use all the tools you can...good luck

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Yahoo or Hotmail :p?

congratulations bro! Finally it's back eh? told you it'll take 4 days based on CP's approximations
Hey Thank bro..your estimation was right on ;D ;D...Now i can sleep peacefully ;).

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
pach said:
Did you send on PO Box? Did you email them again? I did but no reply
Hi,
yes, I did send to PO box and I did not email them again. will do after a week.

regards,
....luckyroyal.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
pach said:
syed_h_sha,

I read in the previous posts from you that CPP-O said something like they have not reached to your correspondence yet. Did you email them after that? Any reply? I am in the same boat
I sent another mail last Friday and waiting for their reply. I am not sure what to do. its been 6 weeks and they do not confirm the receipt of the package.

uslover

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
rajkatak said:
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I received my PP by mail today, I didnt send any return envelope and It came by Regular Canada Post envelope, It took exactly 4 working days to arrive from Canada to US from the time they sent me email on 27th March. I am glad my PP is back with me and safe, eventhough it caught littlebit Dust sitting in CPP-O warehouse ( just kidding)....
I am sure all the applicants whose tracker was activated yesterday and before should receive their PP latest by Friday ...Big cheeerrrs and congratz!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Great! ;D ;D ;D I'm happy for you, rajkatak.
And thank you for good news - 4 days is very ok, I thought it's taking around 10. ;D

avis7

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20 june 2012
AOR Received.
OCT 3 2012
Med's Request
12 oct 2012
Med's Done....
"16 oct 2012" IN PROCESS "4 dec 2012"
Passport Req..
mar 6
VISA ISSUED...
26 mar 13
LANDED..........
12 apr 13
hii
my ecas has changed.... new home adrs has come up but only says city,prov,canada .... no house or street mentioned .

ttkq30

Apr 3, 2013
My passport was received on Mar 5th by the office. I m still waiting for it, and have booked an airticket for next week. I don't wanna resechdule it!!! :-X :-X

pach

Apr 3, 2013
ttkq30 said:
My passport was received on Mar 5th by the office. I m still waiting for it, and have booked an airticket for next week. I don't wanna resechdule it!!! :-X :-X
did you send on PO Box? Did they confirm the reciept of your PP?

pach

Apr 3, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
I sent another mail last Friday and waiting for their reply. I am not sure what to do. its been 6 weeks and they do not confirm the receipt of the package.
same here. I hope we get our PP back soon. Please let us know if you hear from them