+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyincanada said:
It has been almost 2 weeks since CIC received my passport! I just want to know how much longer I can get my passport back... :(
I told you pal, every case is different, i check my tracking number everyday :mad: but we should(have to) wait at least one more week...

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Its seems that 4 weeks from the time CPP ottawa receives our passports is the current waiting time for PP returns. Don't worry, you will get back yours within this time.

getstrngth

May 3, 2012
So here is my status

April 1 2013: I got passport request
April 14 2013 : Sent my passport with the receipt of payment
May 14,2013 : I email them asking for my status. Reply that they got my passport and since I've not made a payment they have not processed. I emailed them copy of my credit card statement and receipt. Also sent the same via post

Still have not received my passport.

Getting worried.

Julin

Apr 9, 2013
same here. Got passport request on April 5th, sent passports to Ottawa on April 7th and got there on April 10th.
Sent email to CPP-O if they received my passports and RPRF. They replied yesterday saying the RPRF is received, passports are still in queue to be finalized. TWO MONTHS NOW :'(

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Does anyone know whether PR cards are mailed to "Home address" or "Mailing Address"? I have different home and mailing addresses and would prefer to receive cards on mailing address. Anyone knows?

forjoydeep

May 11, 2013
biochemgal09 said:
Its seems that 4 weeks from the time CPP ottawa receives our passports is the current waiting time for PP returns. Don't worry, you will get back yours within this time.
As you have said before that you received your passports via regular mail, so understanding is they would come directly to your mail-box and not at your doorstep requiring anybody to sign....am i correct ? Sorry this could be a silly question but i keep on checking my mailbox everyday though it is too early.

bongcan

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
Med's Request
14-12-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-07-2013
Guys:

In a leading Canadian daily, I noticed this

“The ramifications on the immigration side, I think you can probably guess. It’s going to mean a massive backlog and huge reduction in the pace and volume of the processing of visas and permanent resident applications in these locations.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/06/foreign-service-workers-target-harpers-european-trip-with-walkout-in-ottawa-key-missions-abroad/

Not sure, CPP-O is affected as well or not. Initally I assumed, I is affecting foreign affairs and not immigration, it seems wrong.

Tej2013

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3rd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
File transferred to Buffalo Nov 2011 then to Ottawa July 7th 2012
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2013
LANDED..........
June 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I checked my status on ECAS last sunday and it had been updated to "Decision Made". So real chuffed about that. I then received an email requesting 2 photographs, my height, eye colour and photocopy of my bio data page of my passport. That was all sent to Ottawa yesterday morning. Just out of curiousity, on average how long after this does it take to receive COPR?

Cheers in advance.

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
nobody's tracker got activated in last 8 days :mad: xcept vicky 82..i guess now CPPO would dispatch a pile of visas altogether.. 8)

polaris star

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-03-2013 (Document Request - RCMP Criminal Record)
Nomination.....
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-01-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013 (Medical Received on 04-02-2013; ECAS Updated on 15-03-2013: "Medical Results Received"; ECAS Updated on 05-04-2013:"In Processing")
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-11-2013
supp said:
nobody's tracker got activated in last 8 days :mad: xcept vicky 82..i guess now CPPO would dispatch a pile of visas altogether.. 8)
Just wondering, do you guys go to the canadian post website to check if the tracker is activated everyday or there is an automated way?

Also, why some people were asked for biodata information and photo but some were not?

luckyincanada

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
polaris star said:
Just wondering, do you guys go to the canadian post website to check if the tracker is activated everyday or there is an automated way?

Also, why some people were asked for biodata information and photo but some were not?

I have the same concern. Anyone help? btw, I do check my tracker everyday, but I find this is a email notification on canadapost website, i dont know if it is working well or not so I still check it by myself.

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
polaris star said:

I use Canada Post's iPhone App. I have also subscribed to the email option on Canada Post's website. You will only receive when there is an exception in delivery or upon delivery so it is kind of useless in our case as we want to know automatically when the tracker will be (re)activated.

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CuriousGuy said:
I use Canada Post's iPhone App. I have also subscribed to the email option on Canada Post's website. You will only receive when there is an exception in delivery or upon delivery so it is kind of useless in our case as we want to know automatically when the tracker will be (re)activated.
I have also opted for the email subscription, and it works fine but notifies you after delivery, but if you check one more option then it will notify every step in delivery process ;)

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
I would like to share my landing experience.

We took a rental car from Boston to Montreal last night. Reached Vermont/Quebec border (St Armands/Philipsburg) at around 10.30 PM in the night. We drove up to the booth on the car lane, and told the officer that we are here to land as PRs. He asked us if we bought anything on our way to Canada, and if so, show receipts. We said No, we didn't do any shopping, we just have our suitcases, books, computers etc. He told us to go and park in front of the building and enter.

A very pleasant female officer (Tremblay) greeted us with a smile. We gave her our passports, and COPRs. She asked us if have any savings (I think she meant funds to support ourselves in Canada). We had $5000 in bank draft format, bank statements to show my husband's salary from US, and a letter from my university showing my scholarship amount per annum. The officer did not ask for them or check them at all. She just accepted what we said.
She smiled and said a customs officer will be with us soon, and said, congrats. I told her it was a dream come true for us to be PRs of canada. She gave us the usual advice on how to maintain our status, travelling with PR card etc. She told us to renew our PR cards atleast a year before it expires since the processing time for renewal is 6 months!!!

Another female officer came and took our B4 forms (2 copies, plus 2 copies of printouts of a list of all items we carried made in excel). She took only one copy, which she then photocopied, stamped and returned it. She smiled and said, you are done! Off you go :)

Today, we went to Service Canada to get our Social insurance numbers, which we received the same day, but the SIN cards will come by mail in three weeks. On Monday we will apply for Health insurance (RAMQ), which we will receive after 3 months. Thats about it :) Its raining and cold in Montreal, surprising for June. ITs good to be back to my favourite city.

This had been a loooong journey, but for us, the waiting is worth it. I wish all of you the very best, all my best wishes. Thank you for being with us :)

CanadaPR_2012

Oct 15, 2012
rdecartus said:
Does anyone know whether PR cards are mailed to "Home address" or "Mailing Address"? I have different home and mailing addresses and would prefer to receive cards on mailing address. Anyone knows?
Does anyone received the PR cards recently- I am just curious to know about the processing time. On the web it mentioned 9 weeks, can we expect the cards earlier than 63 days ? Any thoughts...