+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take after "Medical results have been received."??

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT VARIES CASE TO CASE.
MY UNDERSTANDING IS ONCE CIC RECEIVES ME, THEY NEED AT LEAST 3 MONTHS OR MORE TO SHOW IP IN ECAS.

napster_dell

Jan 18, 2015
glmmoula said:
IT VARIES CASE TO CASE.
MY UNDERSTANDING IS ONCE CIC RECEIVES ME, THEY NEED AT LEAST 3 MONTHS OR MORE TO SHOW IP IN ECAS.
what is IP in ECAS? My ME is already 5 month ago and still nothing!!??

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
Guess what!!!

After waiting for around 6 months since my medical tests, today I received an email from CIC to submit my Passport to issue visa.

Thank you everyone in this form to provide me mental support during my long boring waiting time. I am prying for all the members in this form to get their good news soon.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
I sent my passport for PR visa and hopefully will get the passport back within 1-2 months. Could someone let me know what would be the consequence if I get married between the time I get PR VISA and before landing to Canada? Will getting married before landing create any complexity?

skalair

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
AUH
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-AUGUST
siter_pakhi said:
I sent my passport for PR visa and hopefully will get the passport back within 1-2 months. Could someone let me know what would be the consequence if I get married between the time I get PR VISA and before landing to Canada? Will getting married before landing create any complexity?
if you got married before landing in Canada, you need to inform the cic about a change in your family structure. they will not let you land before processing the case of your wife as well, if she has the intention to travel Canada. in other scenario, still it would a time to process.

if you are not going to declare the marriage before landing, it may create a problem for you at later stage to sponsor your wife. may face charges of misrepresentation.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
Hi skalair,

Thank you very much for your advise. You are right. After doing some research I found that If I get married now and update my spouse's information CIC will start the process from beginning to check the eligibility of my spouse, medical, criminal check, etc. This process might take another couple of years. So it would be better for me to land first, get PR card, go back to my country. Get married, and apply to sponsor my wife.

skalair said:
if you got married before landing in Canada, you need to inform the cic about a change in your family structure. they will not let you land before processing the case of your wife as well, if she has the intention to travel Canada. in other scenario, still it would a time to process.

if you are not going to declare the marriage before landing, it may create a problem for you at later stage to sponsor your wife. may face charges of misrepresentation.

naser20004

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
File Transfer...
October 31, 2012
Med's Request
March 26, 2015 (by email)
Med's Done....
March 31, 2015
Passport Req..
June 29, 2015 (by email)
siter_pakhi said:
Hi skalair,

Thank you very much for your advise. You are right. After doing some research I found that If I get married now and update my spouse's information CIC will start the process from beginning to check the eligibility of my spouse, medical, criminal check, etc. This process might take another couple of years. So it would be better for me to land first, get PR card, go back to my country. Get married, and apply to sponsor my wife.
not really, if you get married now, they will cancel your pr visa and ask you to send updated forms and documents for your wife, then she has to do medicals and then they will issue visas for you both, the process does not start from beginning because your spot in the line is based on your application date which means the time needed is only the time needed for processing and there is no waiting period unlike sending a new application, in most cases is between 2-3 months (plus the time you need to collect documents and do medicals). On the other hand sponsoring your spouse after you land would easily take 1-2 years between the 2 steps and it will include the same steps plus an extra step in Canada.
I have added my wife after medicals and they sent her medicals within 1 month of me sending the required documents, then we both got ppr 1 month after doing medicals.

cj231

Jun 3, 2015
Hi, i'm applying under the BC PNP and have the results below on my ECAS. My medical results were submitted on April 17 and I've heard nothing since. My application hasn't begun to be processed. Should I be concerned? does anyone have a number I can call?

1. We received your application for permanent residence October 2014.
2. Medical results have been received.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Patrick Lam

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2014
File Transfer...
Mar-2014
Med's Request
Oct-2014
Med's Done....
1st Med Exam on Nov-2014 and 2nd Med done on Mar-2015
Hi, my Ecas status shows the same thing as yours.

1. We received your application for permanent residence xx August, 2014.

I got MR Oct 2014 and submitted in Nov 2014. Nevertheless, my wife needed to do another medical exam for TB. After waiting of 4 months for the test result, my wife ME is cleared. The 2nd line shows up in early April 2015.

In such case, will CIC process my application based on the date of application submission or the completion date of medical exam? Please kindly share with me your experience. By the way, I have already submitted my PCCs and personal history update as per email from VO in March 2015. Much appreciated!!

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
Patrick Lam said:
Hi, my Ecas status shows the same thing as yours.

1. We received your application for permanent residence xx August, 2014.

I got MR Oct 2014 and submitted in Nov 2014. Nevertheless, my wife needed to do another medical exam for TB. After waiting of 4 months for the test result, my wife ME is cleared. The 2nd line shows up in early April 2015.

In such case, will CIC process my application based on the date of application submission or the completion date of medical exam? Please kindly share with me your experience. By the way, I have already submitted my PCCs and personal history update as per email from VO in March 2015. Much appreciated!!
Hi Patrick,

My husband did his medical last feb 18,2015 and after the clinic forwarded the result, he received an email from cic. It stated "your medical exam. report has been received by office and inoreder to finalize the exam you should see the your panel physician for additional information."
Is this the same letter your wife received. My hubby had ptb 3 years ago. he is cleared now. Im just worried if what test should be done. not stated in the letter.

Patrick Lam

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2014
File Transfer...
Mar-2014
Med's Request
Oct-2014
Med's Done....
1st Med Exam on Nov-2014 and 2nd Med done on Mar-2015
No, this was not the same as in our case. We did not get any update until the final acceptance of our medical exam.