+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Which nationality?? I submit my visa paper application with my wife on 17 October Biomatric same day don and 05 November I received correspondence Latter and now still waiting for result
Have you received a decision on your application? I got my correspondence letter on 6th November and still waiting

greennewbie

Nov 11, 2019
I got my correspondence letter on the 18th of October and still waiting.
What does it imply?

N/B: I did an upfront medical.

Last edited:

greennewbie

Nov 11, 2019
I wanna share my experience and the timeline (paper based)

Oct 28: I submitted my application at VFS, biometrics and photo was taken. Btw, I did medical upfront last sept so the results were already out ahead of time

Oct 28: They received my application

Oct 29: My application is under process at IRRC.

October 30: Received an email stating that my biometrics is approved and valid for 10 yrs

Nov 4: Study permit to Canada is approved. They informed me that my passport is ready for pick- up.

“God is going to give you more than you asked for.” Ephesians 3:20

please did you receive any medical passed mail in your box as you applied via paper route?

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Hello Guys,

For TRV question to people who applied online,,,,
do we need to manually sign each form by printing and then re scan it to upload?

moujib

Nov 12, 2019
work permit visa
submitted online by representative from canada 25/09/2019
revieved letter for give biometric 26/09/2019
i give it on the same day
recieved email from vfs telling me how i can follow my application with the number of my biometric 27/09.2019
till today the representative didnt call me and i didnt recieve any email from anyone about my visa application

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Hi All,

I applied 6 Sept with upfront medical - medical got approved on 13 Sept and today i got a Biometric Validity Letter today.. i am very confused. Is it a good sign? not sure... why does the letter say "for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada" - does this mean i SOWP for my wife is rejected?

Please clarify... Thanks.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Do you need to pass a medical test? If Yes, it is a bad sign! If no, your chances to get approved are very high!

Courage.

J.
Hey Jerome,

I applied on 6 sept with upfront medical - that got approved on 13 Sept. Yesterday i received biometrics validation correspondence... is it a good sign? not sure what that means?

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hey Jerome,

I applied on 6 sept with upfront medical - that got approved on 13 Sept. Yesterday i received biometrics validation correspondence... is it a good sign? not sure what that means?
Hey, did you get a decision yet? Our application is also at the same situation.

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey Jerome,

after we getting a biometrics validation correspondence letter, we normally get a decision letter in your case it would be PPR or ..... good luck for you man!