+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

kdatsu

May 11, 2023
Hello Everybody,
I am a newbie here. Staying in Australia. Visa Processing from Australia is >160 days and from USA 24 days. Since I was visiting USA I decided to apply from USA. Applied and received Biometrics request letter on 14th April. Could get appointment for biometrics only for 15th May. My trip to USA ends on 30th May . So I have to proceed back to Australia . How will this effect my Canada Visa Application? My original schedule to visit Canada was in 2nd week of May. How do I proceed with the application?
Hi, hoping to get a response from Latifa Annie / Gudpples / Harpkehra Regards

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Hi, hoping to get a response from Latifa Annie / Gudpples / Harpkehra Regards
Hello so you will get your biometrics done in USA but will return back to Australia? Am I right? If that is the case. It’s not a problem. When you get a passport request you can send it to VFS in Australia just that you’d have to pay an extra fee since you applied in USA it’s has to be sent back to USA to be stamped. Someone was in this kind of situation and that’s what they did atleast I’m their case.

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
yea, just return home and continue. i dont see an issue here. however ircc does not really care about your travel dates so yea,

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Is it true that the general timeline for a visitor visa varies from 15-25 days after the biometrics updated date? That's the pattern I have seen in people who are getting their passport requests(mostly from india). After their biometrics are updated online, they are receiving passports request within 2-3 weeks time apart from an odd case here or there , waiting for 2-3 months.

However, what is the point of processing your case under CAN+ if it is not processed faster after the biometrics updated date?

I mean I have seen a case of a Pakistani citizen who just got his passport request within 5 days after biometrics and his application was not even processed under CAN+. Was a regular application for a visitor visa. His biometrics was done on 20th January

Here is the link:

Reactions: gudpples

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
i call 'luck'.
else the application was processed by a bot.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
i call 'luck'.
else the application was processed by a bot.
I am just curious to know from someone who has received their visa. After getting biometrics done and the status shows completed. After this step, did they receive another email regarding reviewing eligibility criteria? or directly received correspondence and original passport request letter?

kdatsu

May 11, 2023
Hello so you will get your biometrics done in USA but will return back to Australia? Am I right? If that is the case. It’s not a problem. When you get a passport request you can send it to VFS in Australia just that you’d have to pay an extra fee since you applied in USA it’s has to be sent back to USA to be stamped. Someone was in this kind of situation and that’s what they did atleast I’m their case.
Thank you for your reply. Have sent a form to Canada immigration requesting them to change my visa processing office to Australia with biometric submission in Australia. Hope things go well else.

Reactions: Latifa Annie

sammygee1

May 11, 2023
Hello everyone, so technically the wait time between the receipt of BVL and PPR is 2months?

I applied visitor visa May 2022 from Nigeria
Recieved correspondence for BVL - April 13th
Tracker shows Visa No. & expiry date
Tracker was last updated April 19th
Osasco have you received ur OPR