+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Anyone seen any updates this week?
No Updates :(
My timeline below:
ICT-GSS Work Permit applied from USA on April 20th, 2020.
Biometrics completed on July 13th, 2020 at ASC.
No progress after that. The application has been in background check since I finished biometrics.

Not sure when IRCC is going to provide any updates. Really frustrating and irritating.

Reactions: PravinDeo

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
The interesting thing is that there is no update for anyone. At least a couple of weeks earlier there were a few cases that were approved and the Passport requests were sent. I haven't heard any other updates since early last week when one GTS application was approved. I have been seeing a lot of AIPs for student visas though. I am starting to wonder if IRCC is giving priorities to the Student visas right now.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
The interesting thing is that there is no update for anyone. At least a couple of weeks earlier there were a few cases that were approved and the Passport requests were sent. I haven't heard any other updates since early last week when one GTS application was approved. I have been seeing a lot of AIPs for student visas though. I am starting to wonder if IRCC is giving priorities to the Student visas right now.
probably, but most Uni's in Canada are offering at least the first semester online where possible.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
There is a thing called print queue for any kind of correspondence letter like passport request. Pretty sure IRCC folks have some sort of mysterious batch process on that. Or maybe their printers have been out of ink for a month.
that is so true, holding passport requests makes no sense. Especially when the Embassies are opening worldwide.

SophieLiang

Jul 15, 2020
My GCMS notes just arrived. It was approved on the date that I received my biometrics correspondence. They already hold back the passport request letter for almost 3 weeks!
Hi Yqing, I am also considering to order, could you please share how long it took from ordering the submission of GCMS notes to receiving the response? thanks

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
There is a thing called print queue for any kind of correspondence letter like passport request. Pretty sure IRCC folks have some sort of mysterious batch process on that. Or maybe their printers have been out of ink for a month.
I feel that dude!! The print queue due date is so mysterious. But your comment is so hilarious hahaha.

nat0107

Jul 19, 2020
It took around 2 weeks
Hi Yqing I also ordered GCMS note on August 13. I got the confirmation email which said that they will send me a new tracking number after request has been registered. I wonder did you receive a new number before you got the notes?

Thank you

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Hi Yqing I also ordered GCMS note on August 13. I got the confirmation email which said that they will send me a new tracking number after request has been registered. I wonder did you receive a new number before you got the notes?

Thank you
Yes but the number was of no use at all. I just waited for two weeks and they sent me a file

nat0107

Jul 19, 2020
Yes but the number was of no use at all. I just waited for two weeks and they sent me a file
ahhh I see I was worried because I haven't received the second number and next Thursday will be 2 weeks. I wonder when did you receive the second number? Shortly before you received the file? I ordered it on August 13

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
ahhh I see I was worried because I haven't received the second number and next Thursday will be 2 weeks. I wonder when did you receive the second number? Shortly before you received the file? I ordered it on August 13
Yes shortly after. Depends on who you ordered from they might not send that at all