+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone
My sister applied for study visa
File submitted- 02 nov 2019
Biometrics - 14 nov 2019
Correspondence letter - 16 nov 2019
She didn’t get passport request yet.
Online status shows its in progress.
Any suggestions. Please

Feb 7, 2017
We applied SOWP for my wife from Nepal (processing in India).

16 Sep - Submitted paper application including biometrics from VFS Nepal
20 Sep - Received alert from VFS that the application has been delivered and is processing
27 Sep - I linked the paper application online
1 Nov - Received request to do medical exams
4 Nov - Submitted medical report
7 Nov - Status for medical changed to approved
11 Nov - Received correspondence about biometrics

No updates after that. It has been over 5 weeks since Medical request and 4 weeks after correspondence of biometric. We sent a webform about the application on Nov 20. No replies. We don't know what to expect.

We are hopeful about approval since we have received medical and biometric correspondence, but the unusual delay is causing us doubt. Has anyone experienced such delays or knows what it means?
We are experiencing same thing. Not reply yet. Its been 6 weeks for correspondence letter

Ap9411

Feb 13, 2020
I received confirmation on 9th feb
And i received correspondence letter on 11 th feb.
How much time it take after correspondence letter?
It is positive sign of getting visa?
Can anyone please guid me

jusse justice

Feb 16, 2020
Hi guys please i need answer about this. i applied for work permit Canada visa from Nigeria {VFS} since 2018, which i have done biometric and i was asked to go with my passport that i will be inform to come for submission. After 3 day of the biometrics i received a mail saying that my application have been accepted. which i have gotten a mail up to two times saying i should complete some missing information which i did but since then till now i have not receive any information again from them. so i want to know if my application is rejected or approved wouldn't them inform me

jusse justice

Feb 16, 2020
yes saying that i should fill some missing information which i did and since then i have not receive any information again from them

NabilRoman

Jun 19, 2019
Can you explain?
I applied for a visa to work as a Church Pastor - exempt from work permit under R186 (l)
applied also for my wife to accompany me. In my GCkey account, both of us received the correspondence letter on Feb.11
My wife's status was changed from "Submitted" to "Approved" on Feb.12. and by checking her documents inside showed that a final decision was made approving her application and a "Counterfoil" of a visa is stuck to her passport with its number displayed.
However, Me ...the main applicant, still have my status "Submitted" 5 days after without change.
Can you explain?

Zayannaq

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I applied with my 8 family members from pakistan on 04MAR2020 and got correspondence letter on 10MAR2020 and today dated 11MAR2020 approved and request for original passport.
It took only 7days