+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is the level of education in private colleges compared to public universities?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks to the help of everyone on this forum, I have completed my application process for 10 universities. They will take a couple of months to respond, maybe more.

Till then, I was thinking if I should apply for one or two private colleges as well, since they have a higher chance to get in.
The reason being, although my application is really good, with work experience, great projects and a business background, my academics are shit (49.5% in bachelors and 60% in masters). It's the only part of my application which is downright horrible. And from what I hear, Canadian Universities emphasise bachelor's score even though I have completed my Masters. :(
I did not want to go to a private college, and started looking up universities in other countries.... But they too have the same requirements, 60%, OVERALL. :(

The thing is, I really want to study electronics, and not want to end up in an institute with poor level of education which won't upgrade my knowledge.
Thus, the title of this thread, "How is the level of education in private colleges compared to public universities?" Also looking for recommendations if any.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Thanks to the help of everyone on this forum, I have completed my application process for 10 universities. They will take a couple of months to respond, maybe more.

Till then, I was thinking if I should apply for one or two private colleges as well, since they have a higher chance to get in.
The reason being, although my application is really good, with work experience, great projects and a business background, my academics are shit (49.5% in bachelors and 60% in masters). It's the only part of my application which is downright horrible. And from what I hear, Canadian Universities emphasise bachelor's score even though I have completed my Masters. :(
I did not want to go to a private college, and started looking up universities in other countries.... But they too have the same requirements, 60%, OVERALL. :(

The thing is, I really want to study electronics, and not want to end up in an institute with poor level of education which won't upgrade my knowledge.
Thus, the title of this thread, "How is the level of education in private colleges compared to public universities?" Also looking for recommendations if any.
Private colleges have terrible reputations and in many cases you won't qualify for a PGWP once you are done. Stay away from Private colleges.

Either go to a university or public college.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Private colleges have terrible reputations and in many cases you won't qualify for a PGWP once you are done. Stay away from Private colleges.

Either go to a university or public college.
Oh. I knew there were issues with employers, but not with PGWP. Thanks for the heads up.

I applied for all the universities from tapperb's list which had electrical engineering (MEng) and also qualified for a 3 year PGWP (1 to 2 year program).

But I am unaware, there are public colleges too? Which ones?