05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Nowhere in the family class instructions or checklists does it say no staples. And many people have stapled without a problem. It's not a big deal.
It does actually, but it was mainly for the photos.

Here's my opinion (note, it's an opinion). I'd rather not piss off CIC agents by making them "do more". Do I think they COULD do more? Yes. But I'm not about to piss them off to the point where they are so mad, they just might deny my application. (Yes hubby already landed, but that was my perspective when we sent it, still is)

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
You guys know that they have to scan your Forms to put the info in the Computer? and to scan the forms, they have to be loose, if you staple them you make their life more difficult they have to go and take off all staple from the form which is very frustrating if you get each application in same condition. You can easily piss off the officer and he can put your fill in queue to be treated later.

So I don't understand why people staple their form when they can just use Paper clip.

There is no justification saying that a member did it and he got visa he may got it but you may delay yours for a stupid useless thing. My advise don't play game with them, yo may win it and get back your app for non conformity or lest worst get it delayed.

YYS

Feb 24, 2013
How much emails did you guys send?

I printed 90% of our emails to each other and boy this is a LOT. It'll probably be 5-10kg when it's all done.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
parker24 said:
It does actually, but it was mainly for the photos.

Here's my opinion (note, it's an opinion). I'd rather not piss off CIC agents by making them "do more". Do I think they COULD do more? Yes. But I'm not about to piss them off to the point where they are so mad, they just might deny my application. (Yes hubby already landed, but that was my perspective when we sent it, still is)
It is not pissing CIC off. They aren't going to deny an application simply because they are so mad about staples. That is silly. There has not been ONE report about problems with staples. What is the point of stressing out people who have mailed it in and are waiting? If staples were a problem, it would be in bold on the application and checklist. It isn't.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
It is not pissing CIC off. They aren't going to deny an application simply because they are so mad about staples. That is silly. There has not been ONE report about problems with staples. What is the point of stressing out people who have mailed it in and are waiting? If staples were a problem, it would be in bold on the application and checklist. It isn't.
For photos.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
canadiangirl78 said:
Did you even read what I wrote ? I am not saying this to people who already sent but to the one who will send in future. By telling them that it is alright to staple and nothing wrong with you are giving them bad advise.

The goal of this topic is to make it easier for officer to read and treat your file and sorry to say if you staple your form you are making their work difficult as I repeat again THEY HAVE TO SCAN THE FORMS . What is the problem if you use paperclip ?

Offcorse they will not return your form because you staple them. So the one who already sent and staple don't need to worry but the one who are going to send , it is better that you don't staple but use a paperclip instead.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I wasn't writing that to you. If you advise people to paper clip, that's great. But I'm still convinced stapling doesn't affect anything and there's no evidence to suggest it does. I stapled everything on two applications and got the COPR in 3 months and in 5 months. If they cared so much, they'd put it on the instructions.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
YYS said:
How much emails did you guys send?

I printed 90% of our emails to each other and boy this is a LOT. It'll probably be 5-10kg when it's all done.
IMO this is overkill. The VO is not going to sit there reading through hundreds of pages of emails. They will scan and read random samples and sections of what you submit.

Exactly how much to include depends on your situation. If you've actually lived together then showing emails aren't as important, but of course if trying to prove a long-distance relationship you should include more. In general you should just take samples of the emails from various times in the relationship, that show the relationship developing. Perhaps a couple from each month of the relationship.

If there is a huge volume of emails, perhaps also include screenshots of your inbox that shows the hundreds of times and dates you've sent emails back and forth.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
LOL - I submitted one email with response per year.

Mar 9, 2013
PeliPeli

I live in Burlington, Ontario. Come be my neighbor. That is fantastic.

I wish I had this when I organized my Wife's docs years back. Mint job!!!

scoobydoo33

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI-CONJUGAL PARTNER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 18, 2013 : SA APPROVED
File Transfer...
JUNE 18, 2013
Med's Request
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 20, 2013
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013-PHONE INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
DECEMBER 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER 9, 2013
LANDED..........
MAY 31, 2014
Hi guys...i need some advice on "Conjugal Sponsorship"

My partner is a Divorced Canadian citizen and we decided to apply on Conjugal Sponsorship. I'm currently working here in Bahrain and having skilled working visa valid until 2015. We cant get married in the Philippines because he was married there before migrating to Canada. All papers are ready and prepared (thanks to pelipeli) i learned a lot from her useful tips and advice, my questions are, shall we send the application to Manila Office (as per my nationality) or shall we send it to Abudhabi (as per my current residence). Manila processing time is only 9-11 months while in Abudhabi is 22 months, a huge difference!

Hoping to hear from you guys.Thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
scoobydoo33 said:
Hi guys...i need some advice on "Conjugal Sponsorship"

My partner is a Divorced Canadian citizen and we decided to apply on Conjugal Sponsorship. I'm currently working here in Bahrain and having skilled working visa valid until 2015. We cant get married in the Philippines because he was married there before migrating to Canada. All papers are ready and prepared (thanks to pelipeli) i learned a lot from her useful tips and advice, my questions are, shall we send the application to Manila Office (as per my nationality) or shall we send it to Abudhabi (as per my current residence). Manila processing time is only 9-11 months while in Abudhabi is 22 months, a huge difference!

Hoping to hear from you guys.Thanks
Manila is probably the better choice just bc it is your country and the shorter processing time. Is there a reason u and your partner can't live together for 1 year in Bahrain to qualify as common law?? Just bc conjugal sponsorship are rarely approved due to the difficult nature of proving it.

scoobydoo33

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI-CONJUGAL PARTNER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 18, 2013 : SA APPROVED
File Transfer...
JUNE 18, 2013
Med's Request
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 20, 2013
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013-PHONE INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
DECEMBER 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER 9, 2013
LANDED..........
MAY 31, 2014
thanks tink23 for your prompt response :)

A lot of reasons why he cant..first, He's allowed to stay (visit visa) here in Bahrain for 2 weeks and maximum one month only. He visited me twice last (August & December) and stayed for 2 weeks. Second, he has a child support responsibility and he has a stable job there. And in addition to that, i can't even apply to visit him as well because it will need a bank statement just to prove that I have a savings to support myself upon my visit..which i don't have right now..

I know we are taking a risk in applying thru conjugal sponsorship, but i think its the best way that we can be together...

I guess it is better to send it to Manila then..

What about the photos i will just compile it in MS powerpoint labeled it with "when,where and names of people as what others did.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
scoobydoo33 said:
thanks tink23 for your prompt response :)

A lot of reasons why he cant..first, He's allowed to stay (visit visa) here in Bahrain for 2 weeks and maximum one month only. He visited me twice last (August & December) and stayed for 2 weeks. Second, he has a child support responsibility and he has a stable job there. And in addition to that, i can't even apply to visit him as well because it will need a bank statement just to prove that I have a savings to support myself upon my visit..which i don't have right now..

I know we are taking a risk in applying thru conjugal sponsorship, but i think its the best way that we can be together...

I guess it is better to send it to Manila then..

What about the photos i will just compile it in MS powerpoint labeled it with "when,where and names of people as what others did.
Ok, sounds like u have good reason to apply as conjugal. Just a thought, having a denied visitors visa attempt to Canada can help to prove u tried everything to live together as common law.

Yes, I used Microsoft publisher to compile and label the photos. It helped keep it neat, organized, and the packages wasn't bulky due to odd sized photos bundled together.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scoobydoo33 said:
my questions are, shall we send the application to Manila Office (as per my nationality) or shall we send it to Abudhabi (as per my current residence).
Just a small note here, you will actually send your completed sponsor/applicant application to CPC-Mississauga. After they approved the sponsor, CPC-M will then send your package to Manila for applicant processing. There is a section in the application where you write that Manila is your preferred choice for processing.

Also agree with Tink, that you should definitely apply for a visa to Canada even though it will most likely be refused. CIC wants to see you both have tried everything possible to be married or live together 1-year, and need to be satisfied it's legally impossible to do before you can do conjugal. So showing you can't be divorced due to Philippines law, and that you both can get only very short trip visas or would be denied altogether for a visa... sounds like pretty good reason to apply conjugal.