App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
17.12.2013 (Re-med 14.05.2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08.07.2015 (In Process 25.06.2015; DM 30.06.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
08.07.2015 (passport stamped on 16.07.2015)
LANDED..........
gladys123 said:
I am just wondering how the writer of this post has 33 pages for the Sponsor forms and documents???? - We are applying Inland and from the checklist there are only the 2 required forms (IMM1344 and IMM5481) and the supporting documents (birth certificate, financial proof), which equals no where close to 33 pages.

Am I missing something??
It all depends on how you organise the package. The OP probably used many additional pages for forms to give more detailed answers if they needed more space. Also, I have seen applications where the sponsor's part was much bigger than the sponsored person's file just because they chose to include more proof of relationships in that part. It really depends, if you included everything the guide calls for don't worry about the thickness of it.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gladys123 said:
I am just wondering how the writer of this post has 33 pages for the Sponsor forms and documents???? - We are applying Inland and from the checklist there are only the 2 required forms (IMM1344 and IMM5481) and the supporting documents (birth certificate, financial proof), which equals no where close to 33 pages.

Am I missing something??
Remember, this post is just one person's application. That was the best method for them. There is no right answer about how many pages you should have.

Granted, we have a good VO (my husband is American) and non-visa country, but our process was very fast and we had a total application a quarter of this size. Much of it is luck based on your officer. I've heard of some people sending in 900 pages, though! It is what you think you need, so don't use this as a "right vs. wrong" thread.

I think the important thing is to follow the instructions and keep it organised. That is just common sense when doing any sort of paperwork.

gladys123

Sep 7, 2015
Malinka said:
It all depends on how you organise the package. The OP probably used many additional pages for forms to give more detailed answers if they needed more space. Also, I have seen applications where the sponsor's part was much bigger than the sponsored person's file just because they chose to include more proof of relationships in that part. It really depends, if you included everything the guide calls for don't worry about the thickness of it.
Thanks - I get that the way it's organized the package could change the size of each section, but all three of the sections were huge for this person, so just wondered what other things people may have included in the sponsor section?? Just don't want to miss any opportunities to make sure CIC believe we are genuine

Malinka

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
17.12.2013 (Re-med 14.05.2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08.07.2015 (In Process 25.06.2015; DM 30.06.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
08.07.2015 (passport stamped on 16.07.2015)
LANDED..........
gladys123 said:
Thanks - I get that the way it's organized the package could change the size of each section, but all three of the sections were huge for this person, so just wondered what other things people may have included in the sponsor section?? Just don't want to miss any opportunities to make sure CIC believe we are genuine
Hope others will comment what they included so you have a better idea. For us, in sponsorship part we only included the forms, copies of his passport, birth certificate, letter from work, Option C, and I think out marriage certificate went in there too. That's about it, nowhere near 33 pages as well.

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
For our application, we used 2-envelope approach:

- Envelope 1: Forms & supporting documents: this envelope includes all sponsor's and principal applicant's form, as well as the "legal" supporting documents (i.e. photocopy of PR, passport, marriage certificate, police certificate, etc.).
- Envelope 2: Supporting documents - Proof of relationship: this envelope includes all types of evidences (i.e. photos, chat logs, presents, etc) that you can gather to prove the genuinity of your relationship. This envelope usually contributes the majority to the "thickness" of your application :D ;D.

Nguyen Pham.

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have a sample of the table of contents I can look at, I'm so confused what to put in it.

Do I put airplane tickets and receipts in the Proof of Relationship?

Thanks again!
:)

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Well done work.

If I could go back to when I assembled all my documents, I would've done that ! My technic was similar, but I used a document folder instead with many compartments. I also used protector transparent sheets for every form and I put the Sponsor application in one slot, and the PR application in another one, and the rest of the proof together. I joined an explicative letter for every blank space in the application.

I think that an organized application has more chance to go through a bit faster than a not organized one. I think that plays a major role... (I believe so). We took a big risk by sending the medical exam and the police certificate right away, but I guess we got lucky.

And I agree ! No staples. That sucks. Clips are better !

Anyway... this way of organizing things is simply a charm and everybody should definitely do this! :D

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
While it is a brilliant idea for documents to be well organized, this particular one described here was too cumbersome and might look frightening to potential applicants.
My suggestion is make it simple. After all, it is not a Public exam. My opinion.

Woona said:
Well done work.

If I could go back to when I assembled all my documents, I would've done that ! My technic was similar, but I used a document folder instead with many compartments. I also used protector transparent sheets for every form and I put the Sponsor application in one slot, and the PR application in another one, and the rest of the proof together. I joined an explicative letter for every blank space in the application.

I think that an organized application has more chance to go through a bit faster than a not organized one. I think that plays a major role... (I believe so). We took a big risk by sending the medical exam and the police certificate right away, but I guess we got lucky.

And I agree ! No staples. That sucks. Clips are better !

Anyway... this way of organizing things is simply a charm and everybody should definitely do this! :D

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
well guys just to tell you :

my package was well organized with all thie great stuff such as ; table of contents, appendix divider, nice plastic folder well organized and seperated into 4 seperate plastic folder - and unfortuanltey my entire application was return due to a missed form (Additional Family Information) that we thought would have been N/A - because all my hubby siblings are in Canada and are all Citizens .......but here the things:

CIC sent my entire nicely orgnaized over work, spent days and night prepareing package in a mess - all documents from my package , forms, supporting documents were all mix up and un-organized all bundled up in a big plastic bag. sad !!!!

so pretty much they threw all my organized tabs, table of contents etc. out their window (lol) I had sections indicating where to find this and that, (now my application seems confusing, because i dont have these indicators anymore , indicating where to reference sections too)...... what i sent to them was nothing like what they sent back to me. they pretty much stated my application was incompleted and no processing has taken place due to that form and please re-submit. - in that case they should have send it back the way they got it :( :( :( :( :(

well the sencond time around i did not use a table of contents, tabs or all that other stuff like I did when I was organizing my package just to make it look presentable, those people gave me the impression that they dont care and trashed my hard work!!

so this time around i used big envelopes and parcelled every into 4 plain large envlopes and placed it into the same type of packinng they threw all my documents together in - maybe they will appreciate my packaging this time around seeing it look alot like there packaging

sorry had to share this - I m still pissed!!! i sent my package yesterday and hoping all goes well.

so people please dont spend too much money on stuff because it garbage for them or maybe their staff over at CIC have a suppy full of office supplies from us the sponsors.

Good luck all

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I sent 3 envelopes. One for sponsor, one for applicant and a smaller one with immigration photos and proof of relationship photos. Each envelope was labeled and marked Outland. Then all 3 where put in an expanding folder labeled with to and from address and marked Outland. Took it to fed ex and put it all in a fed ex box to send. Cost 98.00 to overnight from US.

Organized according to instructions such as one page was said to be placed on top. Then I put the checklist and each page behind it in checklist order. If I had to use additional page I put that behind the form.

All pages were loose, no paper clips or staples.

Sponsor envelope was 29 pages and applicant was 82. Photos were about 50 and each photo had a label on back with names, date and location. Total package writh 2 lbs.

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Needhimback,

It must have been really horrible to see your application in such a mess. I'd have been devastated too after spending so much time on it :'(

It might make you feel a bit better to think that they probably have a lot of admin or clerical staff checking off different elements of the application packages, separating them out and delegating work to those staff - so they'll probably have to be taken apart anyhow. Which is why you hear of people's papers getting lost (!)

We all send our files in looking really organised and well-presented because it means so much to us. Like you, i put my heart and soul in to our application.

Sadly, they won't have that emotional attachment to our papers; it's just another bundle of paperwork to them. (I often wonder how they'd feel if they were having to go through this process and having to put their lives in someone else's hands, so to speak).

I hope you don't get anything else sent back to you, good luck! :D

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Beaverdiva said:
Needhimback,

It must have been really horrible to see your application in such a mess. I'd have been devastated too after spending so much time on it :'(

It might make you feel a bit better to think that they probably have a lot of admin or clerical staff checking off different elements of the application packages, separating them out and delegating work to those staff - so they'll probably have to be taken apart anyhow. Which is why you hear of people's papers getting lost (!)

We all send our files in looking really organised and well-presented because it means so much to us. Like you, i put my heart and soul in to our application.

Sadly, they won't have that emotional attachment to our papers; it's just another bundle of paperwork to them. (I often wonder how they'd feel if they were having to go through this process and having to put their lives in someone else's hands, so to speak).

I hope you don't get anything else sent back to you, good luck! :D
Thank you so much Beaverdiva,
Everything you said Is a absolutely right!!!

I'm still nervous....hoping all goes well
I honestly believe regardless of how you prepare your application, tabs, table of contents, folders etc, they are eventually removed then gets thrown Into their garbage, then all your
Paper Work /applicstion goes into one big bag with a file number.

That's my opinion after my
Package was retuned - they never sent back any of my stuff/ now my application Is confusing !!!!
They are just going to have to figure it out themselves (gooduck to me lol)

Lol I wish Mississauga was a government public office - I would love to see how they work there !!! And all that goes on :p

Thanks again and gooduck

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife was previously divorced, which package do I put the divorce certificate in?