+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How easy to live in Canada as Student?

mahmed90

Jun 18, 2013
This topic is not about Visa, but the life once you reached your destination. I want to know (socially from Pakistani students) and those who does not have any friend/family in Canada.. how did they found room to stay for 1 year (or any time) where did they have send their first night, what is an average cost of per room with bath for 1 month (furnished/non-furnished)

and yes how much they spend on their food?

how about job? what kind of jobs you can easily found and how did you know that someone is offering a job and is it difficult to do job + study at a time?

I am asking this question because i am just doing planning before apply for visa as student and your questions will really help me to alot.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Okay, i don't know about which city you are going to but i study in Waterloo and there are numerous websites which have apartments available for rent. Google them up for your city.
For Waterloo they include
www.atlasproperty.com/students/
www.domushousing.com
Average cost can range from 300 to 800CAD. My rent is $540
Do note though, you don't want a apartment full of white people. They like to drink. ALOT. So make sure you have some non white folks in the house.
Food can range from $25 to $50.
You can start working after 6 months but only look for work in vacations because studies are hard.

mahmed90

Jun 18, 2013
aamro1992 said:
Okay, i don't know about which city you are going to but i study in Waterloo and there are numerous websites which have apartments available for rent. Google them up for your city.

Do note though, you don't want a apartment full of white people. They like to drink. ALOT. So make sure you have some non white folks in the house.
You can start working after 6 months but only look for work in vacations because studies are hard.
Thanks for detailed answer Aamro. If i would apply then i will go with Toronto. I have made some search for this city but did not found sufficient result related to rent a property/Room etc.

$25 to $60 pr day or per week for food?

did we earn enough if we start a job to fulfil our living expenses? and can we do online earning as i am developer and work as freelencer, do i need to tell abut my online earning to Embassy as well?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013

I think he has mentioned per Week.

can we do online earning as i am developer and work as freelencer, do i need to tell abut my online earning to Embassy as well?
Yes you can do online earning and you don't need to tell Embassy.

mahmed90

Jun 18, 2013
dipta said:

I think he has mentioned per Week.

can we do online earning as i am developer and work as freelencer, do i need to tell abut my online earning to Embassy as well?
Yes you can do online earning and you don't need to tell Embassy.
thanks for reply, but i really want to hear from other student about the life they are spending there

plz write your experience if you are in Canada or your plan if you are going in upcoming days

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
My plan is to do B.Eng in Canada Fall 2013

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mahmed90 said:
This topic is not about Visa, but the life once you reached your destination. I want to know (socially from Pakistani students) and those who does not have any friend/family in Canada.. how did they found room to stay for 1 year (or any time) where did they have send their first night, what is an average cost of per room with bath for 1 month (furnished/non-furnished)

and yes how much they spend on their food?

how about job? what kind of jobs you can easily found and how did you know that someone is offering a job and is it difficult to do job + study at a time?

I am asking this question because i am just doing planning before apply for visa as student and your questions will really help me to alot.
I stayed in a hotel for a week depending on the city it will range between $50-$100 per day reg room . I searched google for places to stay and kijiji.com or craiglist.com that depends on ur city too so try google first. also try ur university/college they may have local information.
depending on ur city and if u stay alone or shared and also how far ur from downtown ..rent would be $200-$300 shared / $600-$800 alone non furnished.
depending on ur city if u cook $100-$150 if u eat out $200-$400(if u eat cheap) per month.
for part time job u can work officially after 6 months and u look for job through ur friends or going around and looking for to hire signs/trying restaurants grocery shops fast food places etc ..aslo u can check craiglist for job listing and then go and visit them. also on google u can search a lot of information . yes it is not easy to study and get good grades and work at the same time. most people fall in the trap and work more and study less and they lose grades and cant find a good job after graduation so they keep doing minimal labor jobs. so study is ur first priority.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
mahmed90 said:
Thanks for detailed answer Aamro. If i would apply then i will go with Toronto. I have made some search for this city but did not found sufficient result related to rent a property/Room etc.

did we earn enough if we start a job to fulfil our living expenses? and can we do online earning as i am developer and work as freelencer, do i need to tell abut my online earning to Embassy as well?
per week.
Yes, the minimum wage is 10.25 so even if you work 7 hours in a day, your food and groceries expenses will be covered for a week.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
aamro1992 said:
per week.
Yes, the minimum wage is 10.25 so even if you work 7 hours in a day, your food and groceries expenses will be covered for a week.
just to reiterate u can only work 20hrs officialy per week during fulltime study semester and that too after 6months of being a full time student.

aimalkhan

Jun 29, 2013
aamro1992 said:
[links removed]
Hey aamro1992,
I am (hopefully) going to Waterloo this fall for my MMath at David R Cheriton School of CS. I have not got a visa yet but got a medical call so I am 'hopeful'.
Can you give me a lowdown on the pros and cons of on-campus and off-campus housing? Other than rent (the biggest factor) I have not heard any other differences. I was also wondering if you could get me in contact directly with someone who has a room available for this fall in their apartment AND meets the above requirements (does not drink etc etc)?
Thanks,
AK
P.S. Joined the forum after seeing your post...