+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does the medical test work ?

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
Can someone tell me how the medical test is done ? Does the doc strip you naked and do a full body search or is is restricted to blood/stool/urine test and a general overview ? Can they find out if I dont disclose any surgeries from which I've fully recovered (but want to avoid the hassle of explaining ? )

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get to keep your underwear on. If the doc can see some scars, he may ask about them. I can't remember if they asked about prior surgeries.

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
normally doctor asks about surgeries.
Leon said:
You get to keep your underwear on. If the doc can see some scars, he may ask about them. I can't remember if they asked about prior surgeries.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
DMPs generally ask about surgeries and may ask you to submit hospital discharge/fitness form for the same. Our doctor asked us to do the same for my wife's kidney stone removal surgery. They will check height, weight, blood pressure and will suggest you further tests if BP is high. They check testicles for hernia. For females, breasts for breast cancer. They also check proper growth as per the age for infants and toddlers through basic activities and basic questions. My daughter is 7 months old and our doctor checked if she is able to sit without support, hold objects, babble, hear sounds, identify the source of any loud sound etc. My son is 5 years old and the doctor checked his testicle, asked him his name, which class he is in, which schools he goes to. He also did general physical check up for both of them. DMP will ask about TB, AIDS and other major diseases in your family history.
Then there will be urine test, blood test, x-ray. My son had to do urine test only as he is 5 years old.
Regards
joy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My doctor certainly didn't do all that but maybe he was just lazy :)

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Where are you from? I am from India and I have friends having same experience.

Regards
joy

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Please check http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com/
One of the members of this forum has created this blog site and posted their (his family and he) medical check experience there. This exactly matches with our medical test experience. I have other friends with similer exprience.

Regards
joy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, maybe you were all in the same country, even in the same clinic. Doesn't mean that all doctors will do that. A friend of mine, a German girl, said that the doctor who did her medical was an old geezer and couldn't stop staring at her boobs. She didn't say he did a breast exam though.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
I suppose the basic is to do chest X-ray, blood test for any major disease or HIV. One of my friend went for Medicals and told that Dr. checked his BP, stethoscope examination on chest and back, abdomen examination and Alphabet reading test for eyes apart from X-ray and blood/urine test. It depends on the Dr. also I guess.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The doctor I went to had me strip down to my boxers, had me walk to the corner of the room and back, did an eye test, listened to my heart and lungs and took my BP and that was all he did. I then went to a lab for the blood and urine tests and another lab for the x-ray.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Friends, if during your medical examination your blood pressure was out of range, lets say your hypertensive, the DMP will require the patient to undergo further test to determine if you have kidney problems right? Does the testing of kidney function will be done on that same day or do you have to wait for weeks and months from CIC to send you the new set forms to accomplished before you can do the additional tests?

To all who had this experience, please enlighten me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My blood pressure was too high. The doctor said because of this, I would have to see a cardiologist to prove that I did not have a heart problem. He gave me a referral to a cardiologist. The cardiologist phoned me a few days later and told me to lay off the junk food and come see him in 2 weeks. When I went to see him, my blood pressure was already down and he did an electro cardiogram which was good and then he made me come back a week later and checked my blood pressure again and then he wrote a nice letter for the doctor to send in with my medicals.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Dear reydon,

In India the DMP will ask you to undergo ECG and KUB to make sure your heart and kidney are in proper order if they find your blood pressure higher than the normal limit. You need not to wait for any letter/form from CHC for that. The doctor will advice you after he/she receives your test reports and you can go for it as soon as you get an appointment.

Regards
joy