+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does self-quarantine works in Canada?

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
Hello everybody,

Is hotel quarantine mandatory. I will be landing at Pearson and have a house in Waterloo where I can quarantine in a seperate room. What will I need to show at immigration if I can stay in Waterloo.
Can anybody provide some insight.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody,

Is hotel quarantine mandatory. I will be landing at Pearson and have a house in Waterloo where I can quarantine in a seperate room. What will I need to show at immigration if I can stay in Waterloo.
Can anybody provide some insight.
Thanks
Yes hotel quarantine is required. If you refuse you risk a fine of 3K. Would add unless you have a separate bedroom and bathroom in a basement where you will have not contact with any family member for the rest of the 14 days and you only open a door to get food when nobody is around because the virus is aerosolized, you are putting the rest of your household at risk. If there are any vulnerable people in your household including pregnant women, elderly, anyone with a health condition making them more vulnerable to covid you shouldn't be quarantining within your home. If you are planning on staying in the empty bedroom is your entire household remaining at home for 14 days as well under quarantine? You risk infecting your whole family unnecessarily but if your family plan on leaving your home you are putting the whole community at risk.

Reactions: hamgha and YVR123