+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does "Express Entry" affect CEC?

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

Didn't see a topic about EE posted here, so I'll ask how does express entry affect CEC ?

The express entry model seems to help prospective candidates from outside Canada as it processes their applications faster if they qualify. By qualify they would need a valid job offer but what about the ones in Canada? I mean to qualify for CEC, it's a given that the person already have a job .

Does that person have to submit this application for express entry as well and then need to get a job offer to be able to be invited for PR?

What are your thoughts?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
WOW. It is way too early to discuss/answer this question now. All of us are just going to have wait till 2015 to see how Express Entry works.
None of us know exactly how express entry is going to work. If you want a better idea of it, I suggest looking at Australia and New Zealand's immigration system, because I believe Express entry is designed on more or less the same model.

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kvn said:
Hi,

Didn't see a topic about EE posted here, so I'll ask how does express entry affect CEC ?

The express entry model seems to help prospective candidates from outside Canada as it processes their applications faster if they qualify. By qualify they would need a valid job offer but what about the ones in Canada? I mean to qualify for CEC, it's a given that the person already have a job .

Does that person have to submit this application for express entry as well and then need to get a job offer to be able to be invited for PR?

What are your thoughts?
I thought you need Canadian job experience to qualify under CEC???
I am pretty sure everybody needs to be in the pool in 2015. if you have recent Canadian job experience you might get selected if you get enough points.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
I saw a U tube online presentation where-in a number of people from different backgrounds were invited.
Canadian Employers, Express-Entry Committee member, CIC member etc.

A questioned was asked about how express entry will affect for people already in Canada (like international students)
A lady from Express entry committee answered that it will be fair for people already in canada and they can apply through this stream as well.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
kvn said:

What are your thoughts?
I'm not sure of the overlap between Express Entry and Canadian Experience Class either. It seems to me that Express Entry is basically a scheme to allocate work permits to foreigners whose skills are in particular demand, with a fast track to permanent residence. But it's a core principle of CEC that the applicant has already been working in Canada for some time.

Giving private employers influence over people's immigration plans (directly or indirectly) seems to me a bad idea anyway.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
I am also wondering the same,guess all the applicant who are put their expression of interest under the CEC category would be ranked against each other and people with high points will b einvited to apply for PR.But what I do not understand is as most people who apply under cec are already having job offers ,so would that mean they will be gived invitation quickly?

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
fpaikar said:
I am also wondering the same,guess all the applicant who are put their expression of interest under the CEC category would be ranked against each other and people with high points will b einvited to apply for PR.But what I do not understand is as most people who apply under cec are already having job offers ,so would that mean they will be gived invitation quickly?
After 4 months of waiting, still unclear. To answer your question. Yes, but only people with "valid" job offers will be given the invitation quickly as I think the job offer will give enough points to boost the applicants to the top of the invite system.

The definition of a valid job offer is still unknown so we'll just have to wait and see.