+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i Sponsor my mother ? Please help

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
Hello i am a Muslim that’s really important to know bcz in islam two marriages are allowed but in Canada polygamy is not allowed and i am sponsored by my step mother and my real mother can’t come . I have a PR rn my question is can I sponsor my real mother when i get the passport and citizenship ? Or is there any other way? That does not include a divorce.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Is she your biological mother? The only way to sponsor her would be through PGP and you would have to meet the requirement (whatever they happen to be when they decide to reopen it).

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
Is she your biological mother? The only way to sponsor her would be through PGP and you would have to meet the requirement (whatever they happen to be when they decide to reopen it).
Yes she is my biological mother and please can you tell me more about PGP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To sponsor your mother through the PGP program, you will first need to qualify as her sponsor by meeting the low income requirement for three years in a row through income earned in Canada. This means that you must work in Canada for three years and earn enough income in each of those years before you will qualify to sponsor her.

Only a limited number of applications are accepted each year. Once you qualify, you will have to enter the pool and hope you are selected. If you are selected, you can then submit the application to sponsor your mother for PR.

Reactions: Nayabnoor

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When you were sponsored, do you know if your step mother and your dad fill out that you have a different biological mother (likely in the other family memebers form). Did they got your biological mother's consesnse to bring you over to Canada?

You may have to explain the situration in the future PGP application. But regardless, this shouldn't stop you from sponsoring her in the future ( I assume her name is on your birth certificate). How old are you and have you started working yet?

Be prepared that it will take you at least a few years even if you have started working now.

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
When you were sponsored, do you know if your step mother and your dad fill out that you have a different biological mother (likely in the other family memebers form). Did they got your biological mother's consesnse to bring you over to Canada?

You may have to explain the situration in the future PGP application. But regardless, this shouldn't stop you from sponsoring her in the future ( I assume her name is on your birth certificate). How old are you and have you started working yet?

Be prepared that it will take you at least a few years even if you have started working now.
Well i am 19 and going to university. I got her permission though but we didn’t mention about her as my father were afraid of Further complications i guess . So do u think when i start earning after university I’ll be able sponsor her? Even though we didn’t mention her?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well i am 19 and going to university. I got her permission though but we didn’t mention about her as my father were afraid of Further complications i guess . So do u think when i start earning after university I’ll be able sponsor her? Even though we didn’t mention her?
It's hard to say without knowing the full details of the previous sponsorship application.

When you say that your mother wasn't mentioned, does this mean that you were listed as the biological son of your step-mother?

Is your mother your father's first or second wife?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
"Her permission" as in formal IRCC forms signed and her listed as your biological mother?? I hope your dad didn't lie and put your step mother as your biological mother...

And most important, is her name on your birth certificate?

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
It's hard to say without knowing the full details of the previous sponsorship application.

When you say that your mother wasn't mentioned, does this mean that you were listed as the biological son of your step-mother?

Is your mother your father's first or second wife?
I really don’t know much tbh but my mother is second wife and I am her daughter other step siblings were sponsored by my step sister who was married to a man who had citizenship but i was sponsored later by my father when he got the PR.

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
"Her permission" as in formal IRCC forms signed and her listed as your biological mother?? I hope your dad didn't lie and put your step mother as your biological mother...

And most important, is her name on your birth certificate?
I really didn’t know the much But I think her name is on birth certificates and i was separately sponsored by my father after he got sponsored by my stepsister and got the PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I really don’t know much tbh but my mother is second wife and I am her daughter other step siblings were sponsored by my step sister who was married to a man who had citizenship but i was sponsored later by my father when he got the PR.
You'll need to find out exactly what the application said. This will be important if you want to try to sponsor your mother. I would recommend that you work with an immigration lawyer once you are ready to sponsor your mother since this is a complicated case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello i am a Muslim that’s really important to know bcz in islam two marriages are allowed but in Canada polygamy is not allowed and i am sponsored by my step mother and my real mother can’t come . I have a PR rn my question is can I sponsor my real mother when i get the passport and citizenship ? Or is there any other way? That does not include a divorce.
You are likely looking at almost a decade before your mother may be able to be sponsored by you.