+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How did you meet?

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are not married (yet) and we still have to live far away from each other until I get my Visa and hopefully work permission
(reg. nurse) done! We met..oh this is so silly..on FACEBOOK! It was on one of those links "do you like me or not" where you
comment on people´s pictures. He commented on mine, me on his, then he sent (My Canadian sweetheart) me a fbook msg inbox
and after that asked me if he could call me and after that 1st call we have been talking on phone/Skype on a daily basis. We started opur relationship on talking, sharing our inner thoughts and the first time we saw each other, there it was BANG! Meeting your soul mate!

I flew up this summer to meet him in person, and he came to visit me in my country this autumn. We are so much in love, and no teenagers
any longer (both 40+). So we both know what we want.

Never ever thought that I would end up planning my future in Canada! Have been living abroad (living now in Scandinavia) but Canada never crossed my mind. Now it does indeed!

But this LDR sucks! And as an independent Scandinavian woman I would so much to get the work permit before I move to Canada but I guess
that´s gonna take time. ::)

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
Met on Gaiaonline. :)

We were both Naruto cosplayers at the time, she an Itachi, and me a Pain. xD We met up in 2007 and began our relationship as friends, though it was kind of rocky at first, mostly cause she lied to me about her gender. >_>; So yeah a bit of trust issues there. But I'm an open person, and forgave her for that.

She claimed she had feelings for me around 2008, but I kind of brushed them aside. It bugged me that she was exactly the same age as my former lover, and from not only the same country (Canada!) but the same province too. I did not want to get involved with those Canadians again and their damn border issues, lol D<

Once we started rping, though, things really took off. Not just a hobby for us, I found myself making actual short stories chronicling our characters' adventures, and she began drawing them. (she is a really amazing artist!) We started bouncing ideas off each other and found out we worked really well together. We got to talking about our dreams and what we planned to do, were there for each other during tough times. (she had an ex that was profoundly stalker-ish e_e;) One thing led to another, and basically we both became very dependent on each other for support and love. We both had checkered relationship issues and it was really healing for both of us. Eventually, I asked her out, and she accepted. (Jan 09) We are now getting married during my next visit, and will probably make great headway on our joint manga project we have going.

I dislike how we keep getting slammed with more and more requirements for me to achieve a PRV, but I think it'll be worth it. I just have to be very careful to do things the right way. My lovey is very patient with all this, and I am very grateful for it. She is what makes going through those awful border customs worth it.

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
JustandDaph said:
Hello all,

I'm curious to know how you and your significant other met? I'll start!

I met my husband online playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PlayStation 3. I thought he was an absolute jerk when we first met and look at us now! Madly in love, finally married and now awaiting immigration.
It felt a little silly to put that down in our application and it was interesting how to explain it :)

So let's hear it! How'd you meet???

If this needs to be moved to another thread, please let me know!

Cheers :)
Wow. I met my husband in an online game as well. He was a HUGE jerk to me too. LOL Still is sometimes... :3
We met about 6-8 months after that IRL. Travelled back and forth between NY and Quebec via the train... for a couple years. Very romantic.

I got a lot of stigma for having an online relationship.
It was worth it and glad to see i'm not the only one. I honestly cried a little reading this thread, thank you guys.
<3

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
we met online through nexopia.. spoke for a year online until he decided to come to england to see me in person! best day of my life i'd say - there was an instant connection from day 1 we started talking :)

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
phoisgood said:
We met about 6-8 months after that IRL. Travelled back and forth between NY and Quebec via the train... for a couple years. Very romantic.
I was in a LDR with a six hour train trip involved myself, many years ago. Funny, isn't it, how a train trip somehow makes a long-distance relationship somehow less difficult? It's like it grounds the relationship by including all of that intervening geography....

phoisgood said:
I got a lot of stigma for having an online relationship.
Given how frequent it is these days, that surprises me. Glad for you (and everyone else here) that you saw it through!

Schillachi

Oct 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
JustanDaph add me on PS3 Modern warfare 3 lets see what u got lol.....

sir__kill__alot there are 2_ _ (underscores) each

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
hi,

met my husband in the dominican republic, his sister got married and i was there with friends. after he left and i returned home (germany) we chatted a couple of times.
after 2 months of calls and chatting he decided to move to germany where we lived for 4 years.

my husband (the canadian) never wanted to leave germany, he loved it there.

i said i need a change in live and decided to move to canada. he bagged me to stay in germany, he loves his country (canada) but is at the same time sick of it.

whatever, this is my little story

bye

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
annabruce said:
I met my wife on YouTube. We were both listing to the same music video of the violinist, Hilary Hahn. I was just enjoying the music she was studying it because she is a violinist and was learning the piece. She commented on the video that the Russian violinist, Vengerov, plays it better. I disagreed. We starting chatting privately, and ....
That is SO cute! Amazing story lol...it made me smile :)

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
We met in the USA in 2005, on a convention to which people from all over the world were invited. I didn't know anybody there, but I made a few friends during my stay and kept in touch afterwards. I became friends with a few, one of which was my now-husband. We didn't talk a lot though, and we even got out of touch for a year... In 2008 we started talking again and turned out we had a lot in common. He came and stayed in my country for a few weeks and a relationship was born...

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
My family vacationed in Quebec all through my childhood, so I had made a few friends up here while growing up. After grad school I had a few months off before my job started, so I came up with my mom so she could visit her old friends. While here one of my friends was throwing a dinner party and invited me. I showed up not expecting to meet anyone (I kind of had a crush on my old friend), when lo and behold my now husband walked in. Of course he started speaking French, even though everyone (other than me) was bilingual, so the first thing I said to him was to either speak English or get sub-titles. I was terrible! Hehe. :D

Long story short we spent the whole night talking, saw each other every day during the rest of my trip, and then 2 weeks later after Thanksgiving I flew up to spend all of December with him (my job started in the new year).

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--&gt;LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
We met online in 2004. I was in Chicago at the time, she was in San Francisco. I was in my third year of med school, depressed, lonely, far away from home and just wanting to find someone to chat with. I found my wife, we chatted, fell in love and met for the first time in 2006. We have been together since, married in June and now our app is in process.

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
My husband was in Canada doing an 1 year PHD exchange. My friend was dating his friend, and they both though it would be a great idea to set us up. We had a blind date, and we hit it off right away. What I didn't know is that he had to go back to Brazil... I wasn't looking for a long distance thing, obviously, who does!!! but we were hooked... so after 7 months of dating he had to go back to finish his PHD, but we continued on.
Through Skype, msn, email and lots of calling cards, we managed to speak almost every day, and our relationship grew. I went to visit him a few times, and we took trips together too, and on my last trip to Brazil for his sisters wedding he proposed. After 3 and half years together, spending almost 2 and half apart, we finally got married, and the rest is history.

Our friends that introduced us were our witnesses, and all our families were united that day. It was beautiful, but the best is how happy we make eachother.

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
My husband and I met on World of Warcraft. :D

I thought that was unusual, but judging from this thread and others like it, it seems meeting in
a game isn't as unusual as I thought, which is a nice and pleasant surprise.

We were married on October 8, 2011, and I just mailed my application to my husband as we are
applying outbound. Hopefully, he will add his stuff and mail it to CBC-M tomorrow.

We are hoping and praying that in as little time as possible we will soon be together.

I really cannot wait.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
StateOfConfusion said:
We were married on October 8, 2011, and I just mailed my application to my husband as we are applying outbound. Hopefully, he will add his stuff and mail it to CBC-M tomorrow.
Congratulations!

StateOfConfusion said:
We are hoping and praying that in as little time as possible we will soon be together.
If you see the spreadsheet in my signature you'll see that six months is not out of line. It's a substantial process.