How could it be happened?

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sujon 1626,
A little discussion has already done as to "Letter come from Alberta" and I mentioned in my earlier discussion that it doesn,t have any bit significance to faster the application process.Actually, after went through the Alberta Official Immigration Site made me confirm that it deals only Provincial Nominee Program (AINP, firstly selected by the province, later decided by CIC).

However,a new PRESS RELEASE-2010 has promulgated and available on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/irpa-questions.asp mentions "referring applications of interest to the provinces and territories for processing under the Provincial Nominee Program in order to lessen backlog".Likewise " the number that are processed through referrals to provinces and territories" in order to descrbing eliminating backlog (please see the site).

The new press release make me hopefull.Lastly,seeing the press release,my observation is" CIC is trying to refer some applications to some provincees like ALBERTA in order lessen the backlog, no matter how it will work.

Await ur response as well as from others.

Shofiul

gracel

Mar 16, 2010
I also received that letter regarding the Welcome to Alberta Kit. Have anyone received those kit?
Hope its a good sign

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can not change your FSW application to a PNP. I still think it is a simple case of CIC telling Alberta who has listed cities in Alberta as their chosen cities and Alberta trying to welcome you. When in doubt contact them. Call Alberta immigration and ask them how they got your address and why they sent you a welcome package.

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon,
I did mail to Alberta Immigration after having letter from their site.In replied, they informed me CIC provide them Name, File Number for those having chosen city in Alberta.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shofiul72 said:
Dear Leon,
I did mail to Alberta Immigration after having letter from their site.In replied, they informed me CIC provide them Name, File Number for those having chosen city in Alberta.
So then you know. It's a simple welcome package from the province that you yourself said you want to live in. You should thank them for being so friendly and welcoming instead of being suspicious of their intentions.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, all. I applied for Vancouver in Jan 2007 and received nothing from the BC office. Anyway, at least those apply to Alberta see some lights ahead.

B

basraranjit

Hello All

Yest I got a Welcome Alberta Kit along with a Calender, Road Map and a New Comers Infro Guide.

Please share your view who hav got the same. There some applicant whose destination is Alberta have also got some forms and Cds but I have not found these two things.

Kindly Reply........

With Regards

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HERE IS THE SAME CASE...PLEASE READ....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/welcome-to-alberta-kit-t36856.0.html

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear All,

We got a letter, in our PO Box, with all details coorect excpet the name. We didt open the letter and send it back. We got a letter 2 weeks later that there was a computer error and the names got mixed up. they just share the info with Alberta government and they have send this letters asking you if you want a kit. This is only makreting from Alberta to encourage skilled workers to consider Alberta. Please do not read anything more or less in it. Dont be suspicious, nothing to be suspicious about. Just relax and if you want the kit, e-mail them. if you dont, then dont e-mail them. Thats all.

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
My welcome kit too included a Calender, Road Map and a New Comers Infro Guide. There were no forms or CDs.

Chintu

basraranjit said:
Hello All

Yest I got a Welcome Alberta Kit along with a Calender, Road Map and a New Comers Infro Guide.

Please share your view who hav got the same. There some applicant whose destination is Alberta have also got some forms and Cds but I have not found these two things.

Kindly Reply........

With Regards

Apr 26, 2010
Hello Everyone!

I too received a Welcome to Alberta Kit letter a few weeks back. I followed the instructions and registered online. Two days ago, I have already received the Welcome to Alberta Kit that they mentioned. It contained the following: A magazine about alberta, a map of alberta and 2010 Calendar of Alberta. To those who have received the kit, please let me know if your tsreceived the same contents or were other documents that you received apart from those I just mentioned. Sadly, it does not contain anything from the Embassy (CIC). This leads me to the conclusion that it is just a way for the government of alberta to market their province to those aspiring immigrants but nothing related to the processing of my application which I submitted to CIC. I hope I am wrong because I really want my application to get approved already.

If there is somebody there who knows more about this, please enlighten us so that we will know if we are already to expect the approval of our applications in a few months time or should we not expect as it would still take a long time (probably a couple more years). Thanks.