+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How could it be happened?

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied to FSW in Januray,2007 and my VISA center is CIC, Singapore.I have yet to have any Document Request Letter except money withdrawing consent.Today I got a mischievous letter from CANADA.That letter comes from Alberta's official immigration website.On that letter,they use my postal address and CIC file number accurately,but mention my colleague's spouse name USHA CHAKRABARTY (who applied at the same time and both of our chosen province is Alberta and my name is Shofiul Islam) and informed me to download WELCOME KIT (r requested to visit albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/cic_fsw.html )

I never and ever visited that site, never mentioned my CIC file number, and never mentioned any web site of my postal address. My question is: HOW THAT SITE COLLECTED MY CIC FILE NUMBER, MY POSTAL ADDRESS.And the most mischievous thing is that on that letter they mention me USHA CHAKRABARTY(my colleague's husband name).

I occasionally check my online status through cic.gc.ca and after that log out properly, clear my temp internet file.

Please make some comments what happened as to my case today.Should it create any trouble to me? Should I inform to CIC, Singapore ?

Please make some comments, what i need to do.

I am eagerly waiting yours response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible that you listed your landing city as Calgary or Edmonton and CIC shared your information with Alberta immigration but somehow got the name of the spouses mixed up? You should contact CIC Singapore and ask them what is going on.

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon,
Thanks for your valuable comments.Yes, i mentioned my province as a Alberta and select city Calgary.My colleague and mine did the same thing.U mentioned to communicate to the CIC Singapore.Would u please further comments why should I communicate to CIC,Singapaore as I yet to receive document request letter from CIC, Singapore?

Should I do communicate to CIC, Singapore through surface mail or email? Do u have email ID of CIC, Singapore?If that please provide me.

I have been keeping in touch with this for a pretty long time,yet never been heard this type of matter.
I am eagerly waiting your response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were the one who suggested you should inform CIC Singapore in your first post. I think it is logical because they are working on your case and they might be able to tell you if it is normal practice to share information with the immigration services in the province.

You can find Singapore information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/singapore.asp

Of course it is completely up to you if and how you contact them.

You could also contact the Alberta immigration. Tell them about their mix-up with the spouses and ask them if CIC sent them your information. You can find their contact information here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/contactus.html

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
there you go !

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon and jnathon,
By going through the link provided by Leon, it is quite conspicuous to me now that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is the federal government body responsible for selecting and admitting immigrants to all of Canada, including Alberta. Those who r wish to Immigrating through the provincial government program (AINP), AINP deals to design to attract immigrants through the provincial government program (AINP) and do that in association with CIC.The AINP is operated by the Government of Alberta’s Ministry of Employment and Immigration (AE&I) in partnership with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).The AINP is operated by the Government of Alberta’s Ministry of Employment and Immigration (AE&I) in partnership with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).The process for applying to the AINP is different, whoever has been offered job in Alberta, is eligible to apply first.Individuals nominated by the Province of Alberta, together with their spouse and dependent children, are eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa through CIC as a Provincial Nominee. CIC expedites permanent resident applications from Provincial Nominees and makes final decisions on the permanent resident applications.

To know the matter how Alberta's official immigration get my CIC number as well as postal address, I will do communicate via email asap.

However, again thanks to expedite me to know the matter and fix the problem so far

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I dont see any other respite for you other than making immediate contact with CIC singapore.
Indicate all ambiguities.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume that CIC and the provincial immigration programs work closely together and therefore don't see it as a breach of confidentiality to share information and that is probably what they tell you when you contact them.

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear leon and Jnathan,
Many thanks for providing valuable comments to lessen my anxieties.However, I will do communicate to CIC Singapore to describe the matter in order to fix the problem.Please do provide further comments if need be as to the matter.

sujon1626

Dec 1, 2009
dear shofiul,

I have applied in Jan 2008, last week I have also received same letter from Alberta as u did.

One of my friend told me if u fall in demand list, Provincial Govt speed up the process to fill the shortage.

I am a IT professional and my category falls in demand list.

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
YES, those letters are coming now a days

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sujon,
CIC share information with Alberta immigration Authority.As u have mentioned ur destination within Alberta, thats why CIC send ur File number, Address to Alberta Immigration Authority and Alberta Immigration purvey u informations as to place informations.Alberta only deal provincial immigration.After had letter from Alberta Immigration Authority, I did email to them for clarification.They replied me that i mentioned earlier.

So, don't be afraid and wait ur further proceedings.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Shfioul72 I think you should contact CHC Singap and request that they correct your email address, seems like when you applied along with your friend in the same day they mixed up the email addresses.

Seniors your advice?

Best Regards

Youskal

B

basraranjit

Dear member

My file processing has started on Feb 2005
I also got a letter from Alberta Govt for a Welcome kit and for signup at their website.
How i come to know whether my experience falls in their demand list or not.
Pls reply....how to know their eligible criteria?

With REgards

RK Basra

sujon1626 said:
dear shofiul,

I have applied in Jan 2008, last week I have also received same letter from Alberta as u did.

One of my friend told me if u fall in demand list, Provincial Govt speed up the process to fill the shortage.

I am a IT professional and my category falls in demand list.

shofiul72

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Youskal & Basra,
Having received that letter, so to say, I was in a fix what to do.May be I was the first person to have that letter. Later did mail to CHC,Singapore as well as Alberta Immigration Authority.By the by had response only from Alberta Immigration Authority stating nothing significant matter just to provide a link to download Alberta Kit which purveys informations as to the place of Alberta. At first letter they use my file number but named me wrongly.Later they made correction and sent another letter having same contents.

Actually, Alberta Immigration Authority only deals provincial Immigration Program, yet at the same time they provide informations as to place of Alberta.Because CIC shares informations like applicant file name, name to Alberta Immigration.So, after going through the web site, their response, I think that Alberta Sent letter doesn,t necessarily mean ur occupation is on demand list.But according to sujon,s friend opinion " if u fall in demand list, Provincial Govt speed up the process to fill the shortage",I am not sure with that opinion.

Await further response from members as to this issue like " if u fall in demand list, Provincial Govt speed up the process to fill the shortage" as it may lessen our agony at this moment waiting for a long time (I applied in Jan, 2007)