+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can visitors get work permit without leaving Canada - new temporary policy Aug 25

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
Buddy.. but temporary policy announcement on august 25 th right then how you apply on may...
Because I applied on 10 th august they refused ..and they said I need to apply on August 25....also I am nominated by the province.
I am really confused....
One can apply for a work permit at any time. The announcement on Aug 25 simply said that one won't have to leave the country then come back to obtain the work permit itself.

Since I applied before Aug 25, I wasn't eligible for that and had to go to the border to obtain my work permit.

Reactions: Satheesh Azagesan

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
One can apply for a work permit at any time. The announcement on Aug 25 simply said that one won't have to leave the country then come back to obtain the work permit itself.

Since I applied before Aug 25, I wasn't eligible for that and had to go to the border to obtain my work permit.

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020

Thank you buddy..

so flagpole open right ..buddy..
I have applied work permit in September 22 and October they asking additional documents ..I submitted the documents..but still no reply..
I am visitor with nominated by the province..
I don’t know why too much of delay..

is it possible if go flagpole..

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
Thank you buddy..

so flagpole open right ..buddy..
I have applied work permit in September 22 and October they asking additional documents ..I submitted the documents..but still no reply..
I am visitor with nominated by the province..
I don’t know why too much of delay..

is it possible if go flagpole..
Before temporary policy announced I have applied inside Canada..also New York visa office..but they refused..

Rooimm

Nov 14, 2020
Thank you.
I have not applied for work permit yet. I have not been in Canada since one year. I will come in December. I don't know if they accept my request for work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.
I have not applied for work permit yet. I have not been in Canada since one year. I will come in December. I don't know if they accept my request for work permit.
How are you coming to Canada on a visitor visa. Do you have immediate or extended family in Canada? If so, Do you have written authorization to travel from IIRC? How are you eligible for a work permit?

Rooimm

Nov 14, 2020
How are you coming to Canada on a visitor visa. Do you have immediate or extended family in Canada? If so, Do you have written authorization to travel from IIRC? How are you eligible for a work permit?
I do have and This is exactly my question..am I eligible??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have tourist visa to Canada and I am coming in one month, I would like to know how I can get work permit so easily in half an hour?
You need a job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA from that employer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I do have and This is exactly my question..am I eligible??
Again, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer needs to get an approved LMIA. Then you will qualify for a work permit.

All the policy does is allow visitors to apply for work permits from within Canada (rather than having to apply from outside of Canada). A job offer and approved LMIA is still needed.

So you'll need to find an employer if you want to try to qualify for a work permit.