+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can visitors get work permit without leaving Canada - new temporary policy Aug 25

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
Hello,

I have been approved for work permit. However, I am already in Canada on a visitor visa. According to a new temporary policy, visitor can apply for a work permit without leaving Canada:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/new-temporary-public-policy-will-allow-visitors-to-apply-for-a-work-permit-without-having-to-leave-canada.html

In my approval letter, there is no information regarding how I can obtain my work permit from within Canada. It only says I will get it from CBSA when I arrive in Canada.

There is also no information on the website on how to get work permit without leaving Canada.

Does anyone know how visitors can obtain work permit without leaving Canada?

Reactions: Satheesh Azagesan

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
"
If you were eligible to apply for a work permit from within Canada
We’ll mail the work permit to the Canadian address you gave us. This also applies if you’re a visitor who applied for a work permit under a temporary public policy.

"
But in my letter, they did not say they would mail it to me. They said pick it up at the border, which makes no sense since I am already in Canada.

deepk94

Feb 13, 2020
"
If you were eligible to apply for a work permit from within Canada
We’ll mail the work permit to the Canadian address you gave us. This also applies if you’re a visitor who applied for a work permit under a temporary public policy.

"
But in my letter, they did not say they would mail it to me. They said pick it up at the border, which makes no sense since I am already in Canada.
I think what they meant with the new public policy is that you dont have to do flag-poling. You can just go to the POE without flagpoling.

Sep 22, 2020
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to ask you few question regarding work permit. first of all I am 34 years old currently working with the Embassy, as a visa consular assistant Embassy belongs to European country, This is my first application which, I am going to apply through an agent, but i have some questions, I am a Single Mother, my Husband is no more, He was pass away on 2017, I have one 11 years daughter, she is currently studying in class six, Canada is very new for me, i do not have any relatives and friends too, so, could you please tell me the right way, what is the right way for me, i am looking for job in British Colombia, according the weather. should I apply for a work permit or PR,? and for my daughter what kind of documents is required and what is the best for me? Kindly, suggest me. If you need any information from my side please let me know.

Thank you very much.
With best Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to ask you few question regarding work permit. first of all I am 34 years old currently working with the Embassy, as a visa consular assistant Embassy belongs to European country, This is my first application which, I am going to apply through an agent, but i have some questions, I am a Single Mother, my Husband is no more, He was pass away on 2017, I have one 11 years daughter, she is currently studying in class six, Canada is very new for me, i do not have any relatives and friends too, so, could you please tell me the right way, what is the right way for me, i am looking for job in British Colombia, according the weather. should I apply for a work permit or PR,? and for my daughter what kind of documents is required and what is the best for me? Kindly, suggest me. If you need any information from my side please let me know.

Thank you very much.
With best Regards
You will find that most employers will mot hire people unless they can work in Canada already. You should apply for PR if you qualify. That will depend on your age, education level, work experience and English oe French language level. Would suggest you read a lot of information about immigration online. Being a single mother is difficult unless you have a very good job becauee Canada is expensive on one income.

Sep 22, 2020
Thank you very much for your kind reply, I am very happy for your reply, Actually I am in India right now, I am thinking about my daughter future actually for her qualification, so what you suggest, of course this is my decision weather, I can apply or not, but still I want to know from you also sir, If, possible please help me out.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your kind reply, I am very happy for your reply, Actually I am in India right now, I am thinking about my daughter future actually for her qualification, so what you suggest, of course this is my decision weather, I can apply or not, but still I want to know from you also sir, If, possible please help me out.

Thank you.
You should assume it will not be possible to find a job. If you want to move to Canada, you should focus on qualifying to immigrate through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. Details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

jackdepp60

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I have been approved for work permit. However, I am already in Canada on a visitor visa. According to a new temporary policy, visitor can apply for a work permit without leaving Canada:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/new-temporary-public-policy-will-allow-visitors-to-apply-for-a-work-permit-without-having-to-leave-canada.html

In my approval letter, there is no information regarding how I can obtain my work permit from within Canada. It only says I will get it from CBSA when I arrive in Canada.

There is also no information on the website on how to get work permit without leaving Canada.

Hi. What was your status before? Visitor as in tourist visa?

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
Hello,

Hi buddy,
In how many days you have getting your work permit approval.
Did you apply work authorization web form?

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
Hi buddy,
In how many days you have getting your work permit approval.
Did you apply work authorization web form?
I applied in May and got it in September, so about 3.5 months total. I did send web form asking for updates and encourage others to order GCMS notes to find out more about their application.

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
I applied in May and got it in September, so about 3.5 months total. I did send web form asking for updates and encourage others to order GCMS notes to find out more about their application.
[/QUOTE
Buddy.. but temporary policy announcement on august 25 th right then how you apply on may...
Because I applied on 10 th august they refused ..and they said I need to apply on August 25....also I am nominated by the province.
I am really confused..

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
Buddy.. but temporary policy announcement on august 25 th right then how you apply on may...
Because I applied on 10 th august they refused ..and they said I need to apply on August 25....also I am nominated by the province.
I am really confused....