+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I prevent a marriage fraud from happening ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Alurra71 said:
Actually, we have not received very many negative comments, at least not to our faces or within ear shot. He doesn't necessarily look his age either, so that does help.

There was one incident when we went to get my name and information onto his bank account so it became 'our' bank account. The teller thought it was nice that his daughter would accompany him. When he said, this is my wife, I thought that poor girl was going to die! It was absolutely hysterical and hubby and I just laughed about it because the look on her face said way more than either of us could've come up with anyhow. It was funny though. To this day (10 months later) she STILL turns bright red when either he or I walk into the bank. I still just giggle about it.

I do think for the most part, it is more 'acceptable' to people once you reach a certain age anyhow. And geographically speaking, I am a US citizen, he Canadian, so I think it is more common around here.

I am not bothered by our age difference, and neither is he, because neither of us see an 'age' when we look at each other, but I sometimes worry what others might think, like I'm a gold digger or something of that nature. Hubby tells me all the time to not worry about what others think. He knows better and he knows that I love him and not what he can 'give' me so it matters not what anyone else thinks or decides. If they pass judgement upon us without knowing us then it is their loss, not ours.

@ CandianJeepGuy: I would say I have to agree for the most part about generational differences being a hold up, but for Hubby and I, for whatever reason, we compliment one another even though he was able to be at a bar drinking on the day I was born. We have so much more in common than not, but that could be because most who know me class me as an 'old soul'. I rarely get along with folks my own age as they drive me batty a lot with the immaturity! LOL
Just for giggles........

My dad looks much younger than he is. I also have a brother that is 13 years younger than me. Once the 3 of us were at the grocery. I was 16, my brother was 3, and my dad was..... 42? The cashier told us we had a lovely little boy.

Gross. Ya know, cuz that's my father. Ew ew ew ew ew.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Alurra71 said:
There was one incident when we went to get my name and information onto his bank account so it became 'our' bank account. The teller thought it was nice that his daughter would accompany him. When he said, this is my wife, I thought that poor girl was going to die!
Aw, the poor thing, that's about as embarrassing as asking a pregnant woman when she is due only for her to tell you she isn't actually pregnant :-[.

amikety said:
Gross. Ya know, cuz that's my father. Ew ew ew ew ew.
Very ew! :p

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
It's pretty sad when because of just a few who are in certain relationships for convenience we all generally get thrown in the same boat..
I am 22 and my hubby is turning 50 this year... yeiiihh (making a big party for my baby) automatically a lot of people will assume our relationship cannot be real, of how because of our age difference we cannot have anything in common... That's is sooooo wrong... My hubby and I are so much on the same page, what some people do not understand is that age has nothing to do with personality. I mean some people are 60 and act like they are 14..LOL... You really cannot help who you fall in love with. I wasn't planing on even meeting anybody. neither was he. But we did, we met at New Years and just connect right away. Are you supposed to stop the best thing in your life just because of a number... haha I DON'T THINK SO... and I am so glad neither of us did or we would have missed the best relationship ever...But to us age is not even important.
canuck_in_uk said:
I think most people, as unfair as it is, pass judgement when they see such a couple. It might be only a little sneer, a sideways look, a comment to friends of "cradle-robber" or "cougar" or "mail-order bride" (which I actually heard someone say only a few days ago), or a thought that they keep to themselves, but there is usually judgement.
But I do agree with you about this. We haven't had people saying things to us but once in a while you get somebody and their look is just like: WhaaaaT???? hahaha.
Specially older ladies.. HAHA

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Alurra71 said:
Actually, we have not received very many negative comments, at least not to our faces or within ear shot. He doesn't necessarily look his age either, so that does help.

There was one incident when we went to get my name and information onto his bank account so it became 'our' bank account. The teller thought it was nice that his daughter would accompany him. When he said, this is my wife, I thought that poor girl was going to die! It was absolutely hysterical and hubby and I just laughed about it because the look on her face said way more than either of us could've come up with anyhow. It was funny though. To this day (10 months later) she STILL turns bright red when either he or I walk into the bank. I still just giggle about it.

I do think for the most part, it is more 'acceptable' to people once you reach a certain age anyhow. And geographically speaking, I am a US citizen, he Canadian, so I think it is more common around here.

I am not bothered by our age difference, and neither is he, because neither of us see an 'age' when we look at each other, but I sometimes worry what others might think, like I'm a gold digger or something of that nature. Hubby tells me all the time to not worry about what others think. He knows better and he knows that I love him and not what he can 'give' me so it matters not what anyone else thinks or decides. If they pass judgement upon us without knowing us then it is their loss, not ours.

@ CandianJeepGuy: I would say I have to agree for the most part about generational differences being a hold up, but for Hubby and I, for whatever reason, we compliment one another even though he was able to be at a bar drinking on the day I was born. We have so much more in common than not, but that could be because most who know me class me as an 'old soul'. I rarely get along with folks my own age as they drive me batty a lot with the immaturity! LOL
I get every word you say.. Like I said I'm 22 and hubby 49... And we have so much in common. 'old soul' that makes two of us. Obviously I have been around some people (way to many lol) my age due to school and university and God is it annoying. They are just kids. they way the act, and their language and just the things they think are fun... Well they are not they are silly. HAHA. Well it was funny because at first they would invite me to all their parties and things and of course my answer was always NO. So after a few times they just ddin't ask me anymore haha. Thank God. I so much rather be at home with my hubby on bed watching movies... :)
Well I have to say I have been called his daughter too of course but just like you we always laugh... I love their face when he says no she is my wife.. LOL.. They just want to bury themselves haha
All I can say it is as long as he and I know it is 100% real and that he is the love of my life and that is why I married him. That's all it matters...
Good Luck in your case

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I think for some women there is a comfort with being attached to an older man. We stop running around and like to be home more than in bars. They end up with the kind of husband they want.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
DaveSav said:
So I think the only way you can prove/show your friend that the marriage is a scam is by having the fiance basically say it.

What i would do is tell your friend to tell his fiance that he looked at the sponsorship approval process and that he found out he isn't eligible to sponsor her. He should then tell her that he wants to move to her country.

At that point hopefully one of two things happen, she is either happy because it's a real relationship and you are proven wrong, or she will tell him she's not interested anymore and he will save himself a headache.

Excellent Excellent I like this one best reply ever lol

M

mikeymyke

Actually, that little trick is something everyone should be doing to their own spouse from another country. If your spouse seems dead set on coming to Canada and unwilling to live in his or her own country if the sponsorship fails, then consider breaking up with him or her.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikeymyke said:
Actually, that little trick is something everyone should be doing to their own spouse from another country. If your spouse seems dead set on coming to Canada and unwilling to live in his or her own country if the sponsorship fails, then consider breaking up with him or her.
That trick may work. It would be a matter of who blinks first. Will the applicant expect the sponsor to quit and move to home country if relationship is real only to find out the sponsor won't? Will the sponsor be willing to give up his job and move to the applicant's country because sponsor lied about sponsorship eligiblity. How would the applicant feel if found out that the other lied about being able to sponsor?

Screech339

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
if your friend loves Ada, why does he accept that 5k cash?? and... actually, one of my cousin ( he is a Canadian too) was asked to arrange a girl come to Canada, and the girl is willing to pay him 40K. My cousin rejected because he has a fiancee at that time, and will get married soon. so... if your friend gets only 5k, I think that "Adam" friend has 45K in his own pocket!!!