+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Fraud?

verma18

Jul 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

I got my PR in 2014 as well as for my husband too coz I applied his PR with mine in Saskatchewan (SINP Program). After living with him , I get to know he is cheating on me. Now last night he told me he used me for PR only. I have proof that he is calling someone else for long long hours, not having any relationship with me and he is just passing time with me , abused me. I have his call details, audio recordings that he is having other relationship. What should I do? Can I call CIC and said the same story to them ? Can I file for divorce and let him live the way he likes with new girl. I am so upset about his behavior and telling me that he was just looking to come here and he used me for that. Any advice??

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 2 year period has long expired.
Your issue is beyond IRCC, if you are in danger call the police. If your marriage cannot be mended, and I am sorry for this, just get a lawyer and a divorce.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
You can call CIC. It likely won't do anything - there wasn't a relationship-time contingency on a PNP immigration, and even if there was, you migrated 2-3 years ago, so the C51 2 year spousal immigration requirement implies CIC think a genuine relationship can break down in that time reasonably.

If you can absolutely, demonstrably prove he was using you for immigration only, you can submit that to CIC, but anything less (and we're talking him willingly confessing to CIC now, or written evidence from the time you migrated), and it will simply be treated as an angry partner from a failed marriage. Which frankly (and rightly) won't be given much weight, as the most obvious interpretation, barring hard proof, is that your relationship failed & you're trying to punish him out of anger.

Best advice is leave him, and move on.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
At this point, she needs to minimize and contain the financial damage. If the relationship is lost, she has to do everything g she can to avoid him using welfare for the next year. Once the time limit of the sponsorship undertaking ends, then work out where he lives...

Unless he is being truly abusive and you have tangeble evidence supporting that. Then, if they are still in the conditional PR time frame, she could report it. But it's unlikely this will amount for much.

I'd suggest damage control and containment.