+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I count my remote Canadian work experience

lel2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,
I have started working for a Canadian company in March 2021 on my PGWP. During this year I worked from outside Canada for more than 7 months because my work was remote due to Covid. I went to different countries during this period and didn't stay in one location for long, and I came to Canada multiple times in the middle. I have read that to be eligible to apply under the CEC stream, I should have been physically present in Canada even if my work was remote and that if I apply for CEC my application will be rejected. When I enter my employer information, I enter the Canadian location, thus it automatically count my experience as Canadian Experience and I get 0 as Foreign Experience. I understand that I am not eligible under the CEC stream, but I want my experience to be counted correctly to have the point for the FSW stream, what should I do?

Reactions: classico33

classico33

Jul 4, 2023
Hi all,
I have started working for a Canadian company in March 2021 on my PGWP. During this year I worked from outside Canada for more than 7 months because my work was remote due to Covid. I went to different countries during this period and didn't stay in one location for long, and I came to Canada multiple times in the middle. I have read that to be eligible to apply under the CEC stream, I should have been physically present in Canada even if my work was remote and that if I apply for CEC my application will be rejected. When I enter my employer information, I enter the Canadian location, thus it automatically count my experience as Canadian Experience and I get 0 as Foreign Experience. I understand that I am not eligible under the CEC stream, but I want my experience to be counted correctly to have the point for the FSW stream, what should I do?
In the same spot now! What did you end up doing? Did you get your PR? Fingers crossed for you. Would love to hear.