+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can I check my lawyer?

bunny_2089

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Hello all,
I am soon going to apply under cec through lawyer. Anybody know,how can I check my lawyer is not fake? I mean is he registered member or not? Plz help me

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Why you want to engage lawyer for CEC process?

If you are functionally literate you can complete the process by yourself.

bunny_2089

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Yaa you are 100% right.even first I decided to apply by my own. But this is life regarding decision, and dont want to make any mistake and face regrate for myself.
Thank you so much. Hope I will get replies of my other posts too. Thnx once again :)

vispp

Jan 27, 2014
bunny_2089 said:
Yaa you are 100% right.even first I decided to apply by my own. But this is life regarding decision, and dont want to make any mistake and face regrate for myself.
Thank you so much. Hope I will get replies of my other posts too. Thnx once again :)
You 100% do not need a lawyer! If you have a printer for the 50+ page instructions, this is all you need. The government has given you step by step instructions on completing the application and a number to call for questions, you will be fine! Do not waste your money, it was honestly such a simple process, completed at work over a couple of days! :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vispp said:
You 100% do not need a lawyer! If you have a printer for the 50+ page instructions, this is all you need. The government has given you step by step instructions on completing the application and a number to call for questions, you will be fine! Do not waste your money, it was honestly such a simple process, completed at work over a couple of days! :)
Has your application been approved? I didn't think so. Don't tell other people they shouldn't use a legit rep. I did and I'm veey glad I did.

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
You need lawyer for sure ,when your case is complected or f you are unable to fill by your self.

If you want to try your self , you can do that too... Its a bit easy process & lots of good people are there in this forum to help you.

Even applying with lawyer is not 100% sure. Check the forum for bad experiences.

Its your call buddy...

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
I believe that all the information that one might require to file for their PR under CEC is available on CIC's website and on this forum. I consulted a lawyer, whose services one of my family members had used, and he had his information all wrong. He suggested I can apply for my PR under CEC once I got the required number of hours in less than 12 months' time and I could apply under FSW as I have a full time job offer on an open work permit. During the consultation, I actually corrected him in a couple of instances.

Unless your case is extremely complicated and you can absolutely not find the information or assistance that you require online, I believe it is not necessary to hire a lawyer. They know just as much as you do or worse, less than you do.

Regardless, it is your decision but my suggestion is do your research first and do a thorough background check on a lawyer before you hire them.

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Even if you hire a lawyer/consultant, it is your onus to put effort in gathering the documents and ensure the info provided are correct and complete. Remember, it is you who will be granted as PR. Using lawyer will not guarantee the success.

I agree with what Nikki suggested to do detailed research yourself and prepare the package ad much as you could, after that if you still have concerns, you may employ the lawyer to perform the review only, in which way, it is much cheaper, but also ensure the entire process is under your control.