+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply PR except my husband?

ara_sj1001

Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

I will apply PR through the Express Entry but, my husband doesn't come with me.
We are still together, but he has his own business and makes money well from the business.
He doesn't want to immigrate in Canada, he just wants to stay in his country to earn money and support us.
(We have one kid).
Finally, I decide to apply PR with my son, and I will put my husband as 'not-accompanying'
My husband did the medical and background checks already. Now I'm ready to apply.

HOWEVER, My question is,
1. Do I need a notarized document with my PR application to explain why my husband doesn't want to come to Canada ?

2. Do I need any additional documents to support my husband's decision, not coming to Canada?

He doesn't have a plan to come to Canada at all.
Please help. Thank you.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I will apply PR through the Express Entry but, my husband doesn't come with me.
We are still together, but he has his own business and makes money well from the business.
He doesn't want to immigrate in Canada, he just wants to stay in his country to earn money and support us.
(We have one kid).
Finally, I decide to apply PR with my son, and I will put my husband as 'not-accompanying'
My husband did the medical and background checks already. Now I'm ready to apply.

HOWEVER, My question is,
1. Do I need a notarized document with my PR application to explain why my husband doesn't want to come to Canada ?

2. Do I need any additional documents to support my husband's decision, not coming to Canada?

He doesn't have a plan to come to Canada at all.
Please help. Thank you.
1. No.

2. No.